Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any value in comproming one's "principles"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there any value in comproming one's "principles"?

It depends.

A principle is like a belief in that it generally falls into the broader category of an opinion, and opinions don't necessarily all have equal value ... depends on how much self examination has gone into them.

If you are being forced into a position where you need to compromise your principles, perhaps it was the principle that was flawed in the first place, and not a failure of your commitment to living a principled life.

Comment

The definition of "principals" varies widely. Principals like honesty, humility, selflessness are less tolerant of modification by outside influences.
      I tend to hold my principals more as absolutes MOST of the time. Absolute honesty is hardly ever a good thing.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I've violated my own principals for bad reasons, and I've always regretted it. For something to be a violation of my principals that would sit well with me, it would have to be something honorable, or life or death. I'm generally a non-violent person and it's against my principals to hurt someone (this doesn't count self-defense). But if needed to hurt someone to protect someone? I would definitely do it.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
        X