Morning. Routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning. Routine

Read an article about the "productive morning routine of successful women" or some such...and was incredibly underwhelmed by what the writer considered 'productive'.

What does your morning routine look like?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Morning. Routine

I don't think my morning routine would be considered productive by anyone. I wake up early to do everything so I'll have the rest of the day free, but I end up taking a shower, drinking coffee and listening to music. Sometimes I meditate, though.

(By the way, I wouldn't expect much from an article with such title)

Comment

I hate being productive in the morning. It's my "me" time. I read, listen to records, and drink my coffee and do absolutely nothing else.

I despise the modern desire to be productive all the time. I think it's important to be unproductive sometimes.

Comment

Shower, get dressed, let dog out, feed dog and chicks, get boys breakfast ready, get boy up and dressed, eat something, boy on bus and to work. If no school some of those change to get husband and get him ready to watch boy.

Comment

I'm fast, maybe not so productive. As a total night owl who is stuck in an early morning job, I don't like to mess around with potential sleep time. I have to be at work at 6a ... with an occasional reprieve to 6:30a.

I wake up, let the dogs out for potty, get dressed, grab my bag, then load the dogs into the car before we take off. I bathe in the evenings so that's already done.

So then I get to work and kennel my guys for a little while I take care of the boarders, then I put then into the daycare room, and in the last few minutes before we open at 7a, I do my basic grooming here at work (just brush my teeth and hair).

I've been a girly girl on hair and make up most of my life, but this job has killed that for me. It's just a waste of product ... the dogs simply don't care.

If I get an office job again at any point, I will probably switch back to a longer morning routine with straightening iron and mascara.

Comment

Most mornings: Up at 6:30, breakfast, remember my meds (sometimes), make lunch, shower and take wife to work. On weekends, I'm either up our at least awake by 8. I'm an early bird so that's when I work best. In fact, if my morning is off to a bad start, then that effects my ability to work well the rest of the day.
            I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
            Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
            But that day you know I left my money
            And I thought of you only
            All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Old and retired...lay in bed until I feel the urge to eat,or hit the bathroom...crawl back in bed and watch news or play a video game,or go online...Nap time when I feel the need..
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What it was for decades: Up around 5:30, feed pet(s), coffee while listening to traffic report to know which way to go to work, shower, dress & out the door by 6:45 to drive less than 20 miles and be there by 8.
                How it is now: Much slower, thankfully! No more traffic reports or getting out the door.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Make coffee, feed critters, accomplish the three S's, brush remaining teeth and remaining hair, pull on me pantaloons, let dog "A" out, take dog "B" out, drink coffee previously made, notice I'm late and race out the door.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I know what the 3 S's are,but some might not have ever heard that term...
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My duty?

To inform the ignorant...

The Three S’s – All Part of The Ritual
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                        Old and retired...lay in bed until I feel the urge to eat,or hit the bathroom...crawl back in bed and watch news or play a video game,or go online...Nap time when I feel the need..
                        Not old or retired but I do pretty much the same.
                        baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor View Post

(By the way, I wouldn't expect much from an article with such title)
                          Lol, not sure if that was exactly the title, but it was pretty close...

I just thought it was funny because these women were like "I do yoga and then check my email" or "I go to the gym at 6 and then grab my wheatgrass smoothie and have a morning meeting before I check my email..." or my favorite "after a glass of warm lemon water, I check email and return phone calls and then workout from 10-noon"

Seriously, if that is what "productivity" looks like to be successful, then I need to slow my roll.

I'm up at 0445*, start my water for tea, check homework, hop in the shower, get dressed, make my tea to steep, do a load of dishes, drink my tea, get the kid's clothes laid out and backpacks packed (lunches get made the night before or by dad who gets up at 0415), sweep the floor, make 1st breakfast for the kids, wake the kids up and make sure they feed themselves, brush my teeth and hair, make sure the kids get teeth and hair brushed and get dressed, make my lunch and smoothie, get my shoes and coat, get the kids' shoes and coats on, remind Chickadee where her phone is so she can call me before they lock up and walk to the bus stop, give Sharkbait his meds, take my own meds, start the kids making their beds, and go to work. I leave home at 0610-0615 and I'm in my office by 0630-0645. The kids (at the new school) catch the bus at 0650 and are at school by 0710 (before they would have been at the babysitter at 0600 but not gone to school til 0900). My email and messages are checked and sorted for the importance of how soon I need to attend to their content by 0700. I'm usually in meetings by then, or checking out job sites or evaluating issues that have cropped up. Occasionally, I'm already teaching a class.

I can't even begin to imagine how a 10-noon workout is considered remotely productive. And I'm pretty sure all these women have a housekeeper and/or nanny or no kids...I do have a spouse that helps with the kid stuff, but generally, I'm reminding him to do the stuff I'd do so I can do other things that have come up (like finding clean socks or a lucky tshirt or cleaning up a spill).

*sometimes I roll out of bed at 0530...usually if I had to get up with Sharkbait who often has bouts of insomnia or if I had an asthma-y night, and cram all of that into 45 minutes instead of 95 minutes.
                          Last edited by thalassa; 13 Jan 2016, 13:05.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Psffff, a 2 hour work out my foot. If I am an a.m. shift which is what I'm doing now I go in at 5 or 7 which means I roll out of bed at 4 or 6. I start my car, I get dressed I make the boys go outside and stand with them and I'm in the car on my way no later the 4:25, or 6:25. If I'm off I get up I take the boys out, I have coffee and or tea and I check emails and check PF, might eat breakfast might not. This is also what I did if I worked nights. My mornings have never been productive its the nights that I do everything.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Depends.

If it's a shelter day, I get up at 800, eat breakfast, head to shelter until about 1300.

If it's not a shelter day, wake up at the same time, eat breakfast, make schedule for the day.

If it's a bad pain day, I pretty much just stay in bed.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X