Podcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podcasts

So, what kind of podcasts do you listen to? Any good tips?
    baah.

Re: Podcasts

Oh I'm an avid listener. But it's all old people stuff. I download daily and listen while commuting to work, on breaks, shopping, chores, in bed etc.
    I get these all from my iTunes:
    Leo Laporte (normal people speak of tech questions)
    Leo Laporte This Week in Tech (round table discussion of weekly tech stuff in the news)
    KFI's Handel on the Law (call in show about legal questions with a side of full on snarky answers)
    Clark Howard's money talk call in show
    NPR's local Southern California show Air Talk (daily show about politics, news and local stuff
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So, what kind of podcasts do you listen to? Any good tips?
      I listen to Swami J's podcast, Druidcast and The Spirit of Things with Dr Rachael Kohn. Swami J's podcast is not putting out any new episodes. I think he simply uploaded some of his teaching as a way to enhance the teaching on his website. He teaches the principles and practice of yoga. Druidcast is good if you can handle really strange music from time to time and sub-par sound engineering. The Spirit of Things is updated weekly, but it's probably going to be too far on the Jesus team for you Rachael is a superb interviewer and she interviews some really interesting people. Some of my favourite episodes include 'Biophillia' and an interview she did with Ben Lee which encouraged me in my transformation of faith. There's so many others.
      When I'm listening for a podcast, I'm looking out for credible guests and an interviewer who allows their subject to tell the story. It's one of my pet hates when interviewers put words in their guest's mouths.

Comment

I listen to podcasts all the time. I download them to my mobile to listen to on my way home from work or when lying in bed, and I also play them in the background when I'm at my PC.

Unfortunately, I use podcasts for listening practice so the ones I use are all in Japanese, so it's probably not worth giving you links.

Mrs Penry has a few podcasts of interviews she's done with various pagan folk. I've lost the link (I was listening to them while at work and the link was saved on my old phone), and I can't navigate the website very well. Hopefully she, or another listener will share the link.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thanks Jembru - here is the link:
          Log into Podbean to start podcasting. Get everything you need for a successful podcast.

I haven't updated it for a while, since I mostly now use my youtube channel instead.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I listen to Hollywood Babble-On with Ralph Garmin and Kevin Smith. Also Fatman on Batman with Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin. I listen to Screen Junkies: Movie Fights, it's not really a podcast, it's a YouTube videos but it's still fun to listen to.

I sometimes listen to other stuff like Comedy Bang Bang but that's mainly it.
            [4:82]

Comment

Working...
            X