Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxi Drivers Report Ghost Passengers

Article

If this is true, it's a slightly creepy, yet sad story of people being unable to pass on. What do you guys think about this?

Re: Taxi Drivers Report Ghost Passengers

Doesn't surprise me at all. Figure it's not much different than Resurrection Mary of Chicago who also has taken rides in cabs as well as picked up by other drivers. It's all part of the vanishing hitchhiker genre of ghost tales.

The base I was stationed at in Northern Japan had its share of ghost stories and phantoms. Some in planes, some near planes and some that a few claimed appeared in the cars in certain areas. Even the secure compound I worked in had its share of ghost stories that had nothing to do with the runway stories.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I once read a newspaper called National Enquirer about a male passenger went inside the taxi cab. The driver asked the passenger where the location you want me to drive at. The passenger reveal himself as a space alien and the alien sucks his brain. The cab driver is still alive today but he's brainless. So I believe that the ghost story is pretty legit.

Comment

National Enquirer is a newspaper? I thought it was a comic...

The phantom hitchhicker stories, in America, go back to the days of covered wagons...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's definately a newspaper. Anyway I saw a ghost at the bus stop at one time. He ask me do you have a cigarette? I said no I don't smoke. It was a great time socializing with a ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            National Enquirer is a newspaper? I thought it was a comic...

The phantom hitchhicker stories, in America, go back to the days of covered wagons...
            Yep, figure their so common its actually listed as a genre of its own under paranormal classifications. Probably in some capacity goes back to the first civilians that had wheeled transportation if not earlier.

Comment

Because in the afterlife THE most important thing is to get into a taxi cab for eternity.

BS.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Because in the afterlife THE most important thing is to get into a taxi cab for eternity.

BS.
                No i'd say the most important thing is to get home which is what the majority of them seem to be trying to do. A taxi is a common form of transport that is pretty well known world wide as something that gets you home. Unfortunately most of them can never get home or to their destination and are forever trapped trying. Just glad that most of them seem to just want to go home and not screw with the drivers or vehicles. There are more than a few tales of those type hitchhikers as well who relish causing wrecks and / or scaring the heck out of people. Such unlucky things as grabbing your wheel and trying to drive you into a tree or off the road.

Comment

Eh. I think if you die and there is an afterlife....it won't eff you over by not explaining to you that in the infinite universe you can sorta skip that taxi on Earth. I mean come on.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                    Yep, figure their so common its actually listed as a genre of its own under paranormal classifications. Probably in some capacity goes back to the first civilians that had wheeled transportation if not earlier.
                    They fall in the category of "urban legends." Check out any publication dealing with urban legends, and there will be a category for "phanton hitchhickers."
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Eh. I think if you die and there is an afterlife....it won't eff you over by not explaining to you that in the infinite universe you can sorta skip that taxi on Earth. I mean come on.
                      I'll tell you what take a drive along route 20 south going from Albemarle County Virginia to Buckingham County later in the evening or along route 33 heading out of Harrisonburg and into the National forest along about dust. Both have things that will grab your will and fight you over it or see something actually running alongside of the vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      They fall in the category of "urban legends." Check out any publication dealing with urban legends, and there will be a category for "phanton hitchhickers."
                      Yes but within paranormal / ghost hunters / etc they fall as a subcategory under ghosts typically. Urban Legend wise there are lots of things there.

Comment

Speaking of ghost, Is there a reason why Casper doesn't scare people?

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          I'll tell you what take a drive along route 20 south going from Albemarle County Virginia to Buckingham County later in the evening or along route 33 heading out of Harrisonburg and into the National forest along about dust. Both have things that will grab your will and fight you over it or see something actually running alongside of the vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but within paranormal / ghost hunters / etc they fall as a subcategory under ghosts typically. Urban Legend wise there are lots of things there.
                          I ride my bike home down Hacienda Blvd at 10pm in La Puente. I'm sure I can fight off some spirits. I mean I race past meth people as it is. Meh. Come on.

Comment

Ok thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm sorry you didn't answer my question yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                              Ok thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm sorry you didn't answer my question yet.
                              Casper is officially called Casper the Friendly Ghost. Friendly. Hence not getting scared.

Also he's supposed to be the ghost of Richie Rich.

Comment

Working...
                              X