This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sewing

I made this on the weekend. It took me about 10 minutes and it's made out of a boy's undershirt and some left-over broderie anglaise I had kicking around!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      I made this on the weekend. It took me about 10 minutes and it's made out of a boy's undershirt and some left-over broderie anglaise I had kicking around!

That's so pretty!!!
      It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Damn, DM...that's so cute!!

Comment

Thanks!

If anyone is interested in making one, it's super easy. I used a boys undershirt and cut the neck lower (it was a weird neckline for a grown woman haha), but a tank top would work as well. You just need a tank top and some wide lace. Either gathered or non-gathered is fine, but if you go with non-gathered you have to gather it yourself and you'll need more. Just measure how much of a "cap" you want, cut, pin under the fabric (I also pinned the ends in to "round" it off a bit if that makes sense) and then sew!

Comment

The cupcake apron I finished up for my daughter yesterday! I also made the poodle skirt for a play she was in last year (Bye Bye Birdie).

Comment

I've been making lots of little drawstring bags lately, for (dry) snacks for the kids, and other things, mainly from old clothes and left over quilting fabric. I also bought some oil cloth, to make bags for (wet) snacks and sammies. Pants pockets especially make front or inner lining for a bag, because then you have a handy built pocket without doing any extra work.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

The cupcake apron is adorable, Storm!
                  "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
                  Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

Re: Knitting

These are two of my recentish knitting projects. A hat for a very generous and lovely person (rumour would suggest he resides on this forum) and my second pair of socks which I'm wearing as I type.

I'm extremely proud of the hat - bordering on a little smug and self satisfied.

(Now... can I make the images work. I could barely manage the old website!)
                    Attached Files
                    You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

very nice Maythe! I love the hat too..you should be proud!
                      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Thankyou

Comment

Really lovely, Maythe, well done!
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                            Really lovely, Maythe, well done!
                            Aw thanks TP

Comment

That's an especially nice hat, Maythe...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It is a rather good specimen with a particular fondness for cuddling the heads of alchemists I believe :P

Comment

Working...
                                X