• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knitting

Here is what I am working on:

Giving is its own reward.

Comment

Currently I'm working on a baby blanket for my son (due first week of Feb). I've been procrastinating horribly though. I just don't dig the larger projects. My Ravelry name is Dynkz89 if anyone wants to add me

Blaket.jpg
      Last edited by Moonkissed Wolf; 12 Jan 2012, 11:44.

Comment

Ooooh! I haven't been on Ravelry in a while!

My user name there is piratessa
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Re: Sewing

I've been embroiderying but lately I've kind of slowed down could be because of school starting back up but I was working on a bonnet girl quilt I have to embroidery 20 squares and I've only got 3 down. However my great-grandmother who's a pro-embroider said you can make a baby quilt of just 4 squares so I'm thinking I'll just make that instead to really get an idea of the whole sewing and quiliting process. I really like learning about the different stitches has anybody ever been to Mary Corbet's Needle' N Thread? It's a wonderful site and extremely helpful it even has a few free patterns you can print off, here's the link for anybody interested http://www.needlenthread.com/ , I absolutley LOVE her site. Also has anybody ever tried Crazy Quilting? I'm dying to really try that it's a combination of embroidery, bead work, and quilting all into these wonderful haphazard designs. In fact, there's a book by Allie Aller and she does the most beautiful crazy quilting I've ever seen here's a link to her blog too http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com/ . Anyway that's what I like to do.
          A witch is a woman who knows what she wants and is not afraid to work to achieve it. She has strong beliefs and the power to go through with her wishes. She has the power to turn thought into action. She's a strong, hardworking and intelligent woman.
          Call me a witch and I will thank you for the compliment.

Comment

I really like the Japanese Kimono's anybody know how to make on of those or has already made one? I know there's like two layers to it but I'd really like to make my own kimono embroider it and everything. Anybody got ideas on designs?
            A witch is a woman who knows what she wants and is not afraid to work to achieve it. She has strong beliefs and the power to go through with her wishes. She has the power to turn thought into action. She's a strong, hardworking and intelligent woman.
            Call me a witch and I will thank you for the compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by Laketear View Post
              I really like the Japanese Kimono's anybody know how to make on of those or has already made one? I know there's like two layers to it but I'd really like to make my own kimono embroider it and everything. Anybody got ideas on designs?
              I don't have any resources with me right now, but the shape is very simple...on old kimono, the sleeves aren't even sewn up the inside edge. You might want to start by looking for a yukata pattern. I used one to make a wrap-around top for my daughter.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

This is a great site, http://www.oocities.org/kimono_kimon...ono_fabric.htm for everything kimono.

And an actual pattern, http://craftstew.com/sewing/free-kimono-patterns
                Last edited by LadyGarnetRose; 22 Jan 2012, 13:32.

Comment

old school embroidery here

Comment

my mother always like sewing some beautiful clothes when I'm children.

Comment

I've recently took up sewing, bought a really amazing sewing machine for only $20. (have been sewing by hand for years. looked like crap, but I still did it!)

And now I am out of things to sew. Have been fixing clothes for other girls around here but...I wish I had something better to work on. Any ideas? (That don't cost me a ton of money?)
                      Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle. It's a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaraKasumi View Post
                        I've recently took up sewing, bought a really amazing sewing machine for only $20. (have been sewing by hand for years. looked like crap, but I still did it!)

And now I am out of things to sew. Have been fixing clothes for other girls around here but...I wish I had something better to work on. Any ideas? (That don't cost me a ton of money?)
                        Well...there are a quite a few directions you can go. If you do any sort of hobby that requires costuming (historical stuff, cosplay, etc), costuming can be fun...if you are into the whole "reduce, reuse, recycle" thing, or just being thrifty or less consumer oriented, pick up clothes at the thrift store and repurpose them into new clothing--jeans can be turned into skirts, dresses can be turned into shirts, anything can be made into a quilt...or you can work on making new stuff (thrift stores are often good places to pick up cheap cloth too)--pillows for the couch, reusable shopping bags, clothes, all sorts of stuff. Start checking out craft and sewing blogs for ideas--especially with yule coming up, you can find a ton of ideas borrowing from Christmas projects. Try a site like Craftster too...
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Making some things for Yule would be really cool, thanks for the ideas! Right now I'm stuck in a place where I don't have a lot of access to things though, so I can't pick much up. But soon I will be able to, hopefully.
                          Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle. It's a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaraKasumi View Post
                            Making some things for Yule would be really cool, thanks for the ideas! Right now I'm stuck in a place where I don't have a lot of access to things though, so I can't pick much up. But soon I will be able to, hopefully.
                            DIY hand-sewn handwarmers. they cost me a dollar in felt from the dollar store, and I used some thread I had on hand. Filled with rice.

Mine are here: instagram pic!
                            Last edited by volcaniclastic; 15 Nov 2012, 20:26. Reason: bad code

Mostly art.

Comment

didn't play it for long times.

Comment

Those are so cute! I am definitely going to try to make a small one with the felt I can find around here...thanks for the idea! I think I'm gonna give one to one of my friends who is always complaining about being cold. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X