This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knitting

I give up. I cannot knit in the round when its K2 P2. i just cant do it. Looks like im stuck with boring garter or sockinette stitch.

I should add, my Ravelry username is LittleNatt89

Comment

This reminds me I should do some more work on my scarf.

Comment

Once I could knit, but that's a bunch of time ago... I don't know if I remember how to do it anymore.
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

youtube is seriously the way to go to learn/refresh

NAztazia is probly the best starting point for crochet

not sure for crochet though, you just have to look around!
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Hehe, thanks
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Re: Sewing

I have sewing ADD lately....I can't seem to stick to a project easily!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonkissed Wolf View Post
                Currently I'm working on a baby blanket for my son (due first week of Feb). I've been procrastinating horribly though. I just don't dig the larger projects. My Ravelry name is Dynkz89 if anyone wants to add me
                Congrats on your son! The blanket looks good so far! I feel your pain, I'm horrible when it comes to larger projects!

Right now I'm working on a scarf and I can already feel myself procrastinating! It's got a pentagram pattern on it that I found on the Anticraft I think...I'm hoping once I can get past the pattern it will go faster since I'll be able to zone out a little!

Comment

Not sure if I'm mentioned this before, but I'm left handed and found the best way to learn and teach crochet from a book for left handers is to view the pictures (or your hands) in a mirror. A bit of a potch, I know, but it does work.

A couple of you mention ravelry - what is it exactly? It sounds exciting!
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post

A couple of you mention ravelry - what is it exactly? It sounds exciting!

Its sort of like a combination Facebook and Pagan Forum for knitter and crocheters...complete with a "library" of sorts of patterns--or at least the links to find them, some of which are free, and some of which are not.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      Its sort of like a combination Facebook and Pagan Forum for knitter and crocheters...complete with a "library" of sorts of patterns--or at least the links to find them, some of which are free, and some of which are not.
                      Great, thanks for letting me know. I shall definitely check it out soon!

Comment

hmmm have not gotten into knitting yet, but i do crochet. A little of everything really. Afghans, scarfs, baby blanky's, mittens and i've done a sweater before.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Oh I am going to have to check this out!!!!! thanks!

Comment

I knit as well. I mostly knit scarves and blankets. I'm not that good yet with sweaters and other stuff yet.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Slytherin scarf the first thing ive knitted in about 12 years

Comment

Right now i'm knitting a blue and yellow scarf. I just realized that the colors coincide with the WVU colors. Go WVU! I'm from West Virginia so i'm a WVU fan.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Socks on four pins (needles). In four ply (is that 5ply in the US?) Oh, I used to love knitting on four pins. And knitting jumpers on circular needles!

Comment

Working...
                                X