Personal Energy and Chakras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Energy and Chakras

I'm just curious if anyone has any information, techniques, tips, or book/website information on working with personal energy and Chakras. I feel like I'm being called to do more work in this area.

I do have a book about Chakras that I've found particularly helpful. And I found some Chakra mandala coloring pages (don't laugh!) that has been very therapeutic.

The book I'm currently reading has an exercise for feeling energy with your hands, but it's been sort of hit-or-miss for me.

I welcome any and all suggestions - even your personal experiences!

Re: Personal Energy and Chakras

I enjoy bioenergetic practices I learned from Elliott Hulse's channel (Strength Camp) on YouTube. After practicing Mantra and Chakra Meditations for several years through books and seminars I found I was too much in my head and heart and not quite grounded in responsibility. Qigong helped me get back into my body, but also made me feel lethargic from so much grounding and cleansing (I also lack a qigong teacher, so that may be part of the problem).

I prefer a balance of good old strength and endurance training through external martial arts (kick boxing and Karate), calisthenics, and basic functional weight lifting and joint mobility and flexibility training with internal martial arts (Bagua and Tai Chi) and magic. This way I feel more balanced and really have a connection with my body-mind complex.

A few books I would suggest on energy work and fitness:

The Path of Energy by Synthia Andrews (it has 13 energy meditations and basic to advanced explanations on energy and consciousness)

Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic by Edred Thorsson (or any book that teaches Rune posture and chanting, but this is my favorite so far)

The Naked Warrior by Pavel Tsatsouline (it only works on two exercises, but each chapter explains different principles and techniques on developing strength. I would also suggest Super Joints and Relax Into Stretch by the same author so you have a well rounded practice of agility, flexibility and strength)

Comment

Thanka for the advice. I am considering starting an exercise program such as yoga to help me get more in tune with physical body. Like you, I feel like I stay more in my head and heart.. I have a hard time keeping myself grounded because of past traumas and it's beginning to negatively affect my health.

Comment

I went through almost a year of unexplained medical issues after delving too much into Chakra meditations, qigong, and ceremonial magic. I went to an allopathic doctor, a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor, an acupuncturist and finally a naturopath and moved to a new city before I started to fully heal (I still have some issues, but nowhere near as bad, at least not to the point of needing medical attention). I definitely overloaded my system with energy it could not handle, that's why I believe in a balance of all paths and to never forgot your joy of just being a simple human. And a well balanced diet and to not be too strict if a workout our meditation session (or sessions) is skipped for whatever reason. "Be kind to yourself" is a definitely a good mantra to stave off burnout of any kind.

Comment

"Be kind to yourself." I like that. It's so simple, but so easy to overlook.

I can see how you could start having medical issues from raising energy, especially if you're not grounding the excess energy afterward.

Comment

Working...
          X