The Neil Degrasse Tyson Rap Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Neil Degrasse Tyson Rap Beef

I've never followed rap but this is borderline hilarious if you take out the fact there is a person whom young people look up to claiming the Earth is flat.

Re: The Neil Degrasse Tyson Rap Beef

Ah yes. There's been quite a lot of discussion around that lately. I sometimes wonder if the whole Flat Earth thing is some kind of elaborate prank, I mean, I've been on their website and the theories are so full of holes that there's more holes than anything else. As for BoB, his behaviour reminds me of the following quote;
    Click image for larger version

Name:	brain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	353247
    "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

There was a president(don't remember who,saw it on history Channel) who believed enough in the hollow earth thing that he allocated a LOT of cash to it.

Here on youtube

So,next time remember even Presidents can be deluded(Not saying Trump in particular)
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

There may be a correlation between that and the fact that people like for example BoB actually have a vote. Yeah, the Hollow Earth theory is also an interesting one. Wasn't it theorised by Byrd, an english officer who incidentally finished his life in a madhouse?
        "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

I just don't see the point of this debate. I'm going to agree with Neil on this one, the Earth is round.

Comment

The thread is about people that believe in a flat earth,and the question of why comes to mind.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

If the earth was really flat, why aren't we falling off the face of the earth?

Comment

Ever been to the ends of the earth? BUT also,not enough to just accept it,one should study science and understand just how planets work...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yesterday, IFL Science posted a headline that was on the lines of "Who can seriously still believe in the flat earth theory" (something like that...I can't remember the exact wording). I have to agree. I can see how someone would use faith in a lot of other situations, especially when concrete, obvious proof isn't there, but people have not only gone around the world before, THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME. Yes, I'm shouting. That's how much I don't understand people who believe the world is flat. Like, you can literally buy a plane ticket or a boat ticket that will take you around the world.

Comment

The earth actually is flat, but it's flat in three dimensions...

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Not to mention that great photo of the BIG blue marble.....

Here.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this one.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yeah, that one too.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, it's fairly unlikely that educated people in the Middle Ages believed the earth was flat: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...zQaL_blog.html

It's been common knowledge for a while. By believing in the flat earth theory, you're basically saying "I'm cool with having the knowledge level of an illiterate serf who has never left his/her village."

Comment

The rap thing brings up major stupid,the guy that did the MAJOR price hike on an old drug used to treat aids people is going off on a member of Insane Clown posse.
                          Video he did.
                          Ghostface Killah from Wu-Tang Clan just made a BIG mistake by mocking Martin Shkreli ... according to Shkreli who's now making a slew of threats against Ghost.

Does this fool remember Biggie and Tupac getting capped because of stuff like this.
                          He is such a dush,he will deserve it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            The rap thing brings up major stupid,the guy that did the MAJOR price hike on an old drug used to treat aids people is going off on a member of Insane Clown posse.
                            Video he did.
                            Ghostface Killah from Wu-Tang Clan just made a BIG mistake by mocking Martin Shkreli ... according to Shkreli who's now making a slew of threats against Ghost.

Does this fool remember Biggie and Tupac getting capped because of stuff like this.
                            He is such a dush,he will deserve it.
                            Not Insane Clown Posse. It's Ghostface Killah of the Wu-Tang Clan.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Big difference: Wu-Tang is most definitely worth listening to. Insane Clown Posse is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X