Self Discovery quiz 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Discovery quiz 2016

I wanted to continue in the old thread, but since it's a new year, I'll create a new thread. The rules are the same.
    -No offensive comments, we're here to learn about ourselves (probably) and about others as well. Don't give the thread negative energy.
    -No sarcasm.

1. What are your biggest strength and weakness?
    2. How do you view yourself in this world? Explain.
    3. What are 3 things you can't live without?
    4. If you could have one wish, when it comes to your personal life, what would you wish for?
    5. If you could change something in yourself, what would it be?
    6. If you could spend an hour with one leader, fictional or not, which leader would you like to meet? Explain why.
    7. If you could change the way humanity is moving forward, what would you change in its flow?
    8. What do you consider to be the biggest blessing in your life?
    9. What do you regret for the most?
    10. Recall your biggest challenge in your life. How has it changed you? Has it strengthened you, proved you something, changed your views? If you feel comfortable, explain.
    11. In your opinion, do dreams come true?
    12. If you could pass an adventure, what kind of adventure would you like to pass? Please be serious. You can use the fictional world as well.
    13. What is your view on people with the opposite perspectives and views?
    14. Define the terms enemy and obstruction (when it comes to people). What's the difference between them for you?
    15. If you could ask any person, any question, what would you ask? Enemy or friend, god(dess) or human, mythical creature. Doesn't matter.
    16. You're about to face your biggest fear. What's your reaction and how do you prepare for it?
    17. If you could find the truth about one thing, what would it be?
    18. What have you learned in this life?
    19. What are your 3 things that cannot be long hidden?
    20. This one is interesting. Define the person who answered before you.

I guess it's up to me to start.
    1. Strength - I have the power to help other people. Weakness - it's hard for me to say no and separate myself from toxic people because they make me feel guilty for doing what is right for myself.
    2. To help and guide those who need my help. Either they will come to me, or I'll meet them when the time is right.
    3. Loyalty, love (mostly platonic) and appreciation.
    4. Signs from the higher powers here and there that they're with me.
    5. I'd ask for the ability to separate myself from toxic people and do what's right for myself.
    6. Tough one. Probably Djehuty. I'd ask him about the future and enjoy his presence.
    7. I'd ask for a better direction to move forward.
    8. To know the Neteru take care of me and my loved ones. Even when I don't notice it.
    9. Wishing for a certain person to die.
    10. It has strengthened me and proved me the Neteru are on my side.
    11. Yes. My biggest dream is to have someone I can trust completely and I have this person. Many of my dreams came true.
    12. An adventure to the time when great priests of Kemet were present. So I could learn from them.
    13. Depends. I try to view each case before itself. If it's about morals - then I'd say such people are obstacles for me. When it comes to religion - then as long as they don't shove their ideals upon me or insult my beliefs, I'm fine with that.
    14. I have only 2 enemies in this life - myself and Ap-ep. Myself - because I can hold myself from growing. Ap-ep because he seeks to destroy everything and everyone. All the obstacles we face in life are meant to help us grow and fulfill our potential to the fullest.
    15. I'd ask Yhwh about his opinion on other deities. Of course explanation in addition.
    16. I freak out, as I try to hide my emotions as always. But I remember the Neteru are on my side and I try to believe I'll get through the obstacle.
    17. I'd ask for the truth about the other flow of my life.
    18. I've learned there is a flow of events. One thing leads to another. Evil comes out from good and good comes out from evil.
    19. The truth, the sun and the consequence of every event.
    20. I can't answer this one. Nobody posted before me.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Re: Self Discovery quiz 2016

Gonna do this,but offline when I am not tired. Then will post it later.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I think my biggest strength as a person is that I am intelligent (I love to read and write and I have inherited my knowledge of grammar from my dad). My weakness would definitely be holding onto the past.

This is hard to explain. I am unique and yet I am part of a whole. There are so many things about me that are only part of me, yet I am part of a family that I love and could not live without.

Books, water, my family.

4. If you could have one wish, when it comes to your personal life, what would you wish for?

To be completely healthy. Since I was 8 hours old, due to a drop in blood sugar, I have had epilepsy plus other issues with my health. My sister was born completely healthy. If I could wish for one thing, this is what it would be.

To be able to stand up for myself more and let people know what I think.

6. If you could spend an hour with one leader, fictional or not, which leader would you like to meet? Explain why.

You will probably think i'm crazy, but I would spend one hour with Hitler. I would tell him what a complete coward and crazy ass he was to do the things he did.

7. If you could change the way humanity is moving forward, what would you change in its flow?

I don't know. Change is natural and I don't think you should mess with change.

My family and especially my fur children (though they are annoying at times ).

Not telling off the bullies who were mean to me in junior high.

10. Recall your biggest challenge in your life. How has it changed you? Has it strengthened you, proved you something, changed your views? If you feel comfortable, explain.

My biggest challenge has been my epilepsy. I have had to deal with it all my life. When I moved to SC I was able to get my driver's license, which people with epilepsy are able to do as long as they are on meds and haven't had seizures in 6 months (that's me more than 6 months free ). Anyway, when I moved back up to WV to take care of my nephew we learned that I had a scar on my brain that couldn't be removed, but I could have a surgery where they insert a battery to stop or shorten the seizures. It's called a Vagal Nerve Stimulator. I've had it for 2 years, it will be 3 in December. It has changed my life. I still see my neurologist and am on three meds, but my challenge with epilepsy is finally under control and I have a seemingly normal life considering my epilepsy.

They can if you work for them.

12. If you could pass an adventure, what kind of adventure would you like to pass? Please be serious. You can use the fictional world as well.

I would probably like to have an adventure like in The Time Machine. That would have been interesting.

I think people have the right to their own views. As long as they are respectful when announcing their own and don't make a big deal when dealing with opposing views, then I don't have a problem.

14. Define the terms enemy and obstruction (when it comes to people). What's the difference between them for you?

An enemy would be someone who has a negative impact on my life. An obstruction is something that is set in the way to get over.

15. If you could ask any person, any question, what would you ask? Enemy or friend, god(dess) or human, mythical creature. Doesn't matter.

I would ask my bullies from junior high why they were such assholes.

16. You're about to face your biggest fear. What's your reaction and how do you prepare for it?

My biggest fear are spiders. I would probably yell for my dad. There is no preparing.

I don't know. I really can't think of anything to tell the 'truth.'

Never give up on what you love. Don't let anyone get you down because you are different. Always love yourself.

My once monthly binge on books, love of pasta and potatoes covered in cheese, and sneezes.

Anu is a very interesting person, though I don't know much about him.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I started writing this ages ago and then forgot all about it. Lets see if we can get it going again then...

- My passion is both my biggest strength and my biggest weakness.

- A small fish in a small pond: I very much live in my own little bubble, filtering the world through my own unique interpretation of reality.

-My books (including notebooks)
          -Olive oil
          -Alcohol

- For JP to find a career that makes him happy.

- To be less selfish.

- Yoshimitsu, leader of the Manjitou (he's a character from the Tekken and Soul Calibur games). He's a zombie, cyborg, space ninja Robin Hood with a fun sense of humour. Why wouldn't I want to meet him?
          -If it has to be a living person, then probably Putin.

- Nothing. None of the things I'd like to change about humanity could be described as moving forward so much as being stuck in an endless cycle of destruction. On the whole though, I believe that despite all the fighting, human suffering and natural disasters in the world, life is actually getting better, with world poverty constantly declining. Why stop that?

- JP (my partner)

- Not knowing the methods of successful study until 10 years after I graduated from uni.

- My mental health. It wasn't a single event but a number of events. Learning to understand how my mind works and how to control my highs and lows has given me a tremendous amount of strength. I did it all alone too, which makes me very proud of myself.

- Of course they do. That's not to say they always do, or even often do, but someone, somewhere will just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

-I'd like to go on a journey to become a pokemon master, meeting friends along the way and sleeping beneath the stars like Ash.

-So long as they don't try to force their views on me, I don't mind.

-I don't have any enemies, but I've upset a few people in my life, either inadvertently or out of my on selfishness or ignorance, so I have haters. I guess an enemy would be someone who deliberately set out to cause me trouble or harm. An obstruction is just someone who's behaviour or existence is a hindrance.

- Can't think of anything.

- I'd probably use my breath pacer. If I had time to prepare, I'd make a self-hypnosis recording to help me.

-Why a small clique in the local pagan community have stopped speaking to me. I know who will be behind it and why, but I'd at least like to know whatever lie she used to poison them against me.

- That if what I seek I cannot find within me, I'll never find it without (thanks Valiente! ^^).

- My passion for languages
          - The bags under my eyes (such a concealer has yet to be invented)
          - My spirituality

- This isn't going to be easy if you haven't interacted with the person above much, or if they're not very prolific posters. Anubisa gives me the impression of being imaginative and well-read. I imagine her being one of those kids who were happiest just sitting under a tree with a good fantasy novel. The kind adults would worry about being 'lonely', when in fact she was perfectly content with her own company. I imagine she still carries those journeys to other worlds with her even now; one of those 'well storied' people I wrote about in a PF blog post once. That's just my impression when I try to imagine the person behind the posts.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I learn very quickly and efficiently / I keep most people at a distance

I'm just passing through, trying to solve the mysteries of the universe before I go and touching as many lives as I can in a positive manner. I'm not really anyone special, just one of billions but I hope to make a small impression to be remembered.

My dogs, my passport, my Prince (fiance)

To live as long as everyone else.

Nothing, I like me and I'm only getting better as the years pass on.

Aw, it has to be a 'leader'... okay then. Fictional leader would be John Snow (yes, he is/was leader for a short time of the Nightswatch)... mainly because he's a hottie but he's a good warrior to learn from. (And I can't think of anyone else :P)

Honestly, humanity is doomed and it's done it to itself. I wouldn't change anything and just let nature take it's course, let the planet sort our follies out because we obviously aren't changing a thing ourselves. I know that sounds rather defeatist but it's to late for humanity to turn the clock or become relatively peaceful beings you see in films like 'Star Trek', it's an impossible dream.

My family, friends and my fiance. They are my world and my greatest supporters.

I regret not immigrating out of the US sooner, but thinking about it by next year.

Brain cancer. The first when I was a teen (14-15yrs). Now, I am currently undergoing my second bout at 23 years old (5 surgeries in all 2 of which I clinically died twice) and going through chemo again, no hair loss this time thanks to new advances in types of chemo! I've been told I most likely will not make it to 30 years old due to the type and every time it comes back its more aggressive, though I have the option of undergoing chemo indefinitely should I choose too. Yes, it has molded me into who I have become today. Looking into the face of your own mortality will do that because of that I live every single moment of every day as if I will never see another. I do sometimes make insane choices like becoming a pilot, riding my horses without a helmet or saddle even after being thrown and severely injured, white water rafting and rock climbing, I've even scuba dived with sharks. I still make future plans. I'm engaged to the most amazing man in the world whom I've known since we were 2 yrs old, my best friend, and has NEVER left my side though it all and has accepted that though I may not live as long as he will we are still determined to live as though it doesn't matter. I am getting my PH.D this winter still going to university! My views of religion and life have changed drastically, I went from being a devoted Israeli Jew going back to Israel every year to visit family and pray at the Western Wall to being a scientific Sumerian Pagan. My views on death have changed as well. I am enjoying every second I can and trying to pass along my flare for life, passion, kindness and spirit to everyone I meet.

Yes, they sometimes do.

Middle Earth... enough said.

Everyone has their own views, opinions and whatnot. It's just how we are, to me someone with a different or opposing view really isn't any different from mine. it shows me a window into how they think and act and what may have made them think that way. I don't really care if they don't agree with me as long as they speak their mind and heart to give me a glimpse of themselves

Well an enemy is someone who is purely antagonistic to another causing constant discord. Obstructive person creates their own judgement on the merits, faults, value or truth of a matter first and then 'attempts' to include you after the fact.

I'd want to talk with the Dali Llama ... but I don't want to say what I'd ask here.

I'm already prepared. I am doing everything I mentioned already in the face of mortality. My biggest fear aside from that is being forgotten, so I'm trying to leave my mark

I want to find out is Pan Dimensional travel is or will be possible as well as the application of quantum levitation and superposition.

To enjoy every moment, ignore the bad stuff because its all small and stupid and petty there is always a way... always.

Not sure I get this question. Um... I can't hide: My scars for long, my nervous habit of playing with necklaces and pens, my complete geekery

I don't honestly know many people on here and have not had the pleasure to converse with Jembru so it would be unfair for me to try.

Comment

- I'm hella stubborn. But I take things too personally.
              - Just wandering around.
              - Nature, walking and a decent amount of hot beverages.
              - This is a tough one. There's plenty of stuff I'd like to change but those are such I could actually work on and change by myself... I wish I'll have the power to change them.
              - Perhaps a grain more emotional intelligence wouldn't do me any harm.
              - Liu Bei. Preferrable the ever-so-good, almost mythologised version of him. Why? Well, because I'm still somewhat a Three Kingdoms nerd and I like the fact that he's often portrayed as kind of sissy but still he's a national hero in China. That's a decent life goal!
              - I'm really the last one to be put in charge for the future of humanity! I would give everyone rubber ducks. Ten thousand rubber ducks. There are no other options but randomness any more.
              - That the people I know have allowed me to be like this.
              - I regret everything. Mostly it's the small things.
              - My biggest challenge... That I am.. Like this. There are so many factors in me that just don't make it quite easy to lead what they call a perfect life but I'll manage. And definitely it has strengthened me. Ironically, the very fact that I do/am many things that are considered as 'weak', have made me stronger. But I still have a loooong way to go.
              - I'm not really good at dreaming. But I suppose they can come true. Depends on the dream. For some dreams, it takes a ginourmous amount of patience and hard work.
              - ...is it an adventure if there's no risk of death or several injury? In that case, I'd rather adventure in my own home. If not, well, almost anything goes! Some ancient temple ruins would be cool...
              - I have to get along.
              - That's a difficult one! I see many people as 'threats' but I'm not sure whether they would fit into 'enemy' or 'obstruction' categories. Well, I've got to admit that my ex-housemate was pretty close to 'obstruction'..
              - I would ask a certain deity if she exists. She would reply that she knows she doesn't. (Just paraphrasing an old zen story... Hey, when did I start quoting zen stories again?)
              - I would listen to a song or two and breathe a lot. And go for a looong walk.
              - I would like to know if there is 'the truth'. I just don't know how. And about what. But it would be somewhat liberating to really know if it's true that each one has their own truth.
              - That I still have a lot to learn. :P And that drinking coffee makes you always look a bit smarter. And that it's not a bad thing being 'the freak' but it's neither a bad thing being 'ordinary'. (This would make an interesting thread btw, this "what have you learned in this life" thing.)
              - My obscure sense of humour, my fighting spirit and the absurdity of life, the universe and everything.
              - Amazing and caring personality, from what I remember from the chat I've had with her some months ago.

Good questions! (It took me almost an hour to complete this. Challenging stuff.)
              baah.

Comment

- My biggest strength is my kindness towards others, and even if I am rude, or downright mean in a moment, we often resolve the situation, as I am hardly as mean as I used to me. My weakness, well, I hate to admit I have weakness's so probably that! Being self-centered.

- I have no idea. I used to think I had a grand purpose, but now I have no idea. I guess to exist and hope others enjoy the ride with me!

- Emotional gratification, survival needs, creativity - learning and expressing (enjoying other people's crafts and creating my own).

- To fall in love with someone that is in love with me, and all the rest of a wonderful relationship.

- Egocentricity and lack of confidence.

- Fictional Leader - Son Goku! I mean, come on, Super Saiyan! A warrior with true compassion, superior fighting spirit because he sees fighting others to the death as just a test of martial technique and strategy, he is always willing to see the best in others.
                - Dead Leader - Dong Hai Chuan, founder of Baguazhang. He founded the art I am currently practicing and I have heard some very amazing stories about him and his disciples. I would love to take a few gems of internal wisdom with me and a few exercises and training tools to improve my Bagauzhang technique, practicality, and internal alchemy.
                - Living Leader - Billie Joe Armstrong - Green Day!!! To play music with him, and Tre and Mike - I mean... awh, my heart and soul! Music, punk rock, rebelling against a culture of rebellion! As my brother would say - 'the punkiest punk that ever punked!'

- Stop demonizing things you do not understanding - we are all animals on a floating spheroid of liquid and matter that revolves around an even bigger floating spheroid of gas that is surrounded by yet other floating spheroids of gas and matter. We're not so much different when we take time to be mesmerized by the vastness of our planet and the solar system. More equality, less separation.

- Supportive family and friends, even if I can be cynical and apathetic.

- I don't believe in regrets because it is much easier to reflect on a mistake and make efforts to change the effects of it. Not that it's always so easy, but regrets are mind killers and emotional blasphemies - better to understand you are not perfect in a world full of other unperfects and do your best to be the 'strongest version of yourself' (Elliott Hulse).

- I had a debilitating sickness a few years back, not sure if it was Chronic Fatigue, thyroid issues, nerve damage, or what, but I was basically bed ridden for 6 months. I couldn't leave my bed for more than 15 minutes a day (if that) without feeling like I was going to collapse (physically), have an emotional breakdown, or what. I was projecting my fear of dying onto my loved ones dying, becoming extremely paranoid. Long story short, I was forced to move to a new city. The first year in the new city was hell, still having periodic fatigue, numbness, emotional episodes and paranoia, in and out of crappy jobs and a good friend from high school overdosing on heroine, and no medical attention whatsoever, the last year has been much more pleasant. I am nowhere near the physical abilities I used to be at (I am a fitness buff, and used to workout 2-3 hours a day, 4 days a week, for several years) where I can barely exercise for 15-20 minutes a day. I have to choose martial arts or calisthenics for the day. Including weekly Bagua classes and weekly qigong classes (1 1/2 hours each), I am averaging maybe 5 hours of training a week! I do work 30 hours a week, one 12 hour shift and one 9 1/2 shift, so that definitely takes a lot out of me, but even though I am physically weaker, I am much more emotionally and mentally balanced due to having to survive, (what I thought) was a life-threatening struggle. Sometimes traumatic suffering leads to fullfilling living!

- I believe so on various levels. I have had precognitive dreams, at least it seems like they were, which is one literal interpretation, and I have had a few goals come true, and without even having to try to hard! I still work towards some of them magically, most of them artistically, but I am patient (at times). I have had many blessings, not trying to push the boundaries too much and am working on being more grateful then desirous!

- Fictional Adventure: I would love to go on a date with Supergirl (Kara Zar-El)! Fly through the sky, visit Themyscara and train with Princess Diana (Wonder Woman) and the Amazonians (Superman and Batman were both honored guests, so there's that argument), and know what it's like to wear a Red Lantern ring and learn how to control my rage (I'm excited to get to that story; I have all the New 52 Supergirl's I still haven't read!).
                - Reality - this is tougher, either tour the country with my band (if I had one, but I am solo as far as I can see), or travel the world and study under martial arts masters, mystics, and shamans to learn their culture through magic, warrior skills, medicine, music, and food. Yeah, probably the traveling the world meeting all the great masters and immersing myself in their cultures.

- Even though we all exist on a floating spheroid surrounded by several other floating spheroids, people have their own viewpoints and experiences, and it is sometimes rather exciting to get to know the enigma and beauty that is somebody unique and different. It is said 'opposites attract'.

- An enemy is always trying to cause you and your loved ones harm, because causing them harm still causes you harm. An obstruction is somebody that is just a pain and gets in the way of you becoming the best version of yourself.

- I would ask the Creator if all the stories are true.

- Sorrow. Heartbreak. Massive amounts of macabre art after the fear stage of unrealistic love and light. Prepare? I don't think I could, I would just have to deal with it.

- I don't believe in absolutes so truth is rather subjective to me. I am a fan and believer in science, but I am still skeptical, maybe I'm just dumb and in denial, but I don't think even science can, or ever will be able to, understand and explain certain concepts and aspects of existence.

- A lot. Magic is real. There is an 'Out There', Beyond, Other World. Love is powerful, painful - downright brutal, and beautiful. You can accomplish so much more than you think you can, you just have to believe in yourself, other that believe in you, and work towards your goals every day, even if just a little. It is beautiful.

- There is more to this world than you may realize; we are in a very amazing age spiritually, socially, and technologically; there are no absolutes - not one path, not one person, not one divinity has all the answers and there are concepts and aspects of reality that are there for you to discover for yourself and yourself alone.

- Hmm. When I was going by another screen name I know we had some good, although short, conversations. I would say Nare has a kind and honest heart.
                Last edited by THANK...; 05 Mar 2016, 03:27.

Comment

Working...
                X