Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marine Bronze Star recipient attacked by kids saying If He thought black lives matter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marine Bronze Star recipient attacked by kids saying If He thought black lives ma

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
    If "black lives" truly mattered then the people who "believe" that should be working in the south side of Chicago where the black on black death rate is the highest in the nation.
    I worked in predominantly black communities around St. Louis as an AmeriCorps volunteer before I joined the Navy.

The tag line, "black lives matter" is only used in the events that a non black takes the life of a black. It is never invoked when blacks kill other blacks.

cough*red herring*cough

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
    Black Lives Matter is divisive. It should be divisive. These people have been getting fucked for centuries. It's time for their voices to have power. The more they make old white people uncomfortable the better.
    Holly-the-effin-loo-ya.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Marine Bronze Star recipient attacked by kids saying If He thought black lives ma

The only lives that matter are the ones you think matter and no other. So when you take the 'you' and divide it by the population. Then add in someone's biases toward sex, race, religion,location,etc....you get no lives matter except the ones I think matter. Let's be real clear on that. Every person has their own definition of all. And if I pressed really hard...I could find the life that doesn't really matter to you.

I just wanted to add an opinion from the 'I don't really care about 'all the lives' group'.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I know about slavery in America. There were white, yellow, red headed, and black slaves and there were white and black slave owners. There are still white, yellow and black slaves in some parts of the world. When people are born and educated in the USA there is no reason for them to blame someone else for who they are today.
        For me it all comes back to personal responsibility. The individual is the only one who can bring change to their own life. You can either make it better or worse, or you can wallow in it and blame others for who you are. I don't have the desire or the means with which to feel sorry for people who don't try to make their own lives better. There are successes of every color and ethnicity and there are those who would rather live in other ways. I have spent my life trying to be the best person I can be. I made mistakes too but I took the responsibility for them and corrected them where I could. I got an education that I paid for myself. It wasn't easy but then it was worth it in the end.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

[temp] locking this thread.

This is to remain locked.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
          X