Illuminati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illuminati

Do you think that the Illuminati, the secret organization that many people talk about really exist?

Re: Illuminati

I'm not allowed to tell you.

Comment

It is a made up thing to make everyone paranoid about everyone else...Don't let on cause it is the longest running practical joke going.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

They threatened pizza production around 1955. I ate their souls. Then I listened to the whining of the Horrors that had been using them for some inane scheme or another until the Horrors in question threatened pizza production and I added them to the menu too.

More seriously, no. Humans suck at keeping secrets for extended periods. Ancient conspiracies require lots of people maintaing secrets efficiently for a prolonged period. More people + more time = more chances for human beings to demonstrate that they fail at secrecy.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

You mean the La Li Lu Le Lo?
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

The Bavarian Illuminati were real. They were founded in 1776, and were much like Freemasons.

There have been other groups using the title "Illuminati," but none of them actually match the paranoid fiction.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Be careful - they might be here right now.

Comment

Not to the degree we read about, but there are those who know things the rest of us don't, and plan accordingly. Example: The Pope and some of his people know what used to be in the Bible. The President knows what really happened at Roswell. Oil company higher-ups know the weak points in the pipelines, Pharmaceutical people know the real risks in the drugs they sell, and nuclear power plant people know what's truly safe & what isn't.
                I doubt it's all one big, globally organized thing, because humans tend to be too sloppy for that, and the ones who have the ability to arrange it would never be the ones included in it.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The Bible issue would be less a case of knowing what used to be in it and more knowing what wasn't added. There wasn't a case of the Catholic Church having a true bible that they modified. They had a lot of disparate texts from different factions of Christianity that they sorted through and selected from to compile into one book and make the Bible. We know some of what didn't make the cut from the Dead Sea Scrolls. It'd be interesting if the Church has more items that never made it in but probably isn't really crucial outside Christianity.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The Illuminati formed when the church controlled science. They were scientists, teachers and students who searched for truth about the universe.
                    Do they exist today? Yes. Are they a threat? Not unless you are threatened by truth. Have they ever been out to control the world? No.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsfriend View Post
                      the illuminati formed when the church controlled science. They were scientists, teachers and students who searched for truth about the universe. Do they exist today? Yes. Are they a threat? Not unless you are threatened by truth. Have they ever been out to control the world? No.
                      Metal Gear?!
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                      X