How to rule the world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rule the world!

Turns out that it is both simple and legal.

Just be Google, and rely on human nature:

The new mind control: The internet has spawned subtle forms of influence that can flip elections and manipulate everything we say, think and do
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: How to rule the world!

I have read the book "subliminal seduction" when I was much younger,and would agree how much we can be manipulated.

See here.

I do wonder just how much these things can control our decisions and actions.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I do wonder just how much these things can control our decisions and actions.
      Subliminal? Not much. You can be prompted to do what you would do anyway, which isn't a major deal.

However, according to the research, controling search-engine ranking leads to about 40% control, making it the best mind-control technology ever (known to be) created
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Really,how many of us would go past the first page of links in a search? I had not even thought about this until it was mentioned in the story.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Really,how many of us would go past the first page of links in a search? I had not even thought about this until it was mentioned in the story.
          Exactly. Nobody does think about this, unless he/she has had some background in SEO & such...

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. If it matters...

Google provides, free of charge ( public service), massive tools for education.

Since Google collects, records, data-mines, and sells/uses keystroke data, they will soon have their mind control hooks in an entire generation.

Comment

Google's biased search results have been the object of a few studies these past few years. I usually go up to the 3rd page just in case.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

There is also the censored result that at times comes up saying like "This site may damage your computer" Good perhaps if it is a hack site,BUT it might be a block for other reasons if you think about it.

See here about the google warning thing.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

For me it's slightly strange to observe the action & consequence of 'we need this service' and 'this service has too much power over that aspect'.
                It's only perfectly normal to make alterations to something you've created, and twist them into your own benefit, or your own approval.
                Google is, like many other places, a Hub to find other websites of interest. A function that was normal to spawn into existence the moment people began creating their own websites.
                Is a search engine the only 'version' of a Hub? No, not by far. This is just the one we handed our trust and attention to, and that has thus become powerful on it's own, and growing fast.

My point is: It's weird to call it 'mind control' when we're the ones that helped them into existence. When you choose to make use of it, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlsongs View Post
                  My point is: It's weird to call it 'mind control' when we're the ones that helped them into existence. When you choose to make use of it, every time.
                  Without awareness, it is pretty much mind control. Once you know that you are being manipulated, and how, and realize that you are not being presented with honest information, THEN, and ONLY THEN can you deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    THEN, and ONLY THEN can you deal with it.
                    Deal with it? All human communication can be portrayed as manipulation in a certain light, as we all try to obtain what we want from one another.
                    You will always be told dishonest information, regardless of whom presents it. (heck, regardless of intention, even).

In the case of Google's search engine, I'm sure there's plenty of websites that never come to light because of the chosen displayed results with certain keywords.
                    And because everything's been made so convenient, whose fault is it that the user doesn't reach this website? It is Google's fault that the user only uses Google to search things with on the vast sea that is the internet?

And what exactly changes when the unaware becomes aware of being manipulated so? Does pointing out the lies make a difference, in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Owlsongs View Post
                      And what exactly changes when the unaware becomes aware of being manipulated so? Does pointing out the lies make a difference, in the end?
                      Yes. If you imagine (foolishly, but...) that you get unfiltered search results, or that your news feed isn't being manipulated, then you are at risk. When you know that these things happen, you are forewarned, and can mind yer wards and guards.

Are many people suckers? Sure. But in general communication, one tends to trust.

Is that foolish? Sure. But that doesn't mean they need to stay that way.

I, myself, don't mind telling them

Comment

Think about this: If some person in authority told you not to go outside your local area because something bad would get you,would you thrust that they were telling the truth.
                        Also what if the said person was telling you a lie to keep you in your local area,to keep you from finding out about government corruption,and also controlling your news sources.

- - - Updated - - -

Control the news,and you can control the people with fear.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There's way too much fake news out there. There's a meme floating around FB with numbers on tax hikes, capital gains, etc. that is completely false. That's just one tiny example. Nobody knows what's really going on anymore.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            There's way too much fake news out there. There's a meme floating around FB with numbers on tax hikes, capital gains, etc. that is completely false. That's just one tiny example. Nobody knows what's really going on anymore.
                            Memes you say. With stuff about the world.

There you go. That's how it starts.'
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Memes you say. With stuff about the world.

There you go. That's how it starts.'
                              It used to be just the National Enquirer and teen fan magazines that had fake stuff....I guess people liked those so much we moved on to reality shows, and now the world is one big (un)reality show!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X