Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dumb Article You Guys should Love

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
    Yes, but we're discussing exclusionary groups of pagans, who are also saying outsiders don't belong. So, said groups are not better and do not accept everyone.
    Exclusionary groups are easy to deal with. Don't join them. Include people who share your values and spirituality in your own groups. A group that limits their membership will fail if there are fewer people to join. Use your group voice to minimize the exclusionary groups message and power.

Outsiders are not allowed in many pagan groups. If you are neither a dedicate nor an initiate you are not allowed to participate. So what do you do? You can always hold open events to allow others to join in so there is no reason to join the other groups. Therein lies the problem with "mystery paths".
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
      Exclusionary groups are easy to deal with. Don't join them. Include people who share your values and spirituality in your own groups. A group that limits their membership will fail if there are fewer people to join. Use your group voice to minimize the exclusionary groups message and power.
      Unfortunately, this isn't really the case. There are hundreds of exclusionary groups that have lasted, especially hate groups. Look at the KKK, the Aryan Nation, the Taliban. Just me not joining them, keeping people around me with positive values, or even publically denouncing them, won't make them disappear. As Thal said, only constant vigilance makes groups like this go away.
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

There's a difference between a group being exclusive and being racist. If you only have a few spots to fill and you pick the best of a group of applicants it's one thing...if your only requirement is that the are white, it's something else entirely.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          Yes, but we're discussing exclusionary groups of pagans, who are also saying outsiders don't belong. So, said groups are not better and do not accept everyone.

I''ve read several books on paganism and they all say anyone is welcome, I can not believe there are pagans out there that want to exclude others. It seems to go against everything we believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by pillar View Post
            I''ve read several books on paganism and they all say anyone is welcome, I can not believe there are pagans out there that want to exclude others. It seems to go against everything we believe in.
            Paganism isn't one religion. It's an umbrella term for a legion of different groups and beliefs. Many are relativelg open buf not all.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by pillar View Post
              This thread is specifically about pagan groups that exclude people without the right ethnic background. So, no, pagans as a whole don't accept everyone. Besides the one mentioned, Joy of Satan is hugely antisemitic.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Actually, this thread is about a dumb article... that wasn't linked. So, until the dumb article is linked so that all parties can discuss how dumb or intelligent said article may be, this discussion is moot.
                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                Clan of my Clan
                Kin of my Kin
                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  Actually, this thread is about a dumb article... that wasn't linked. So, until the dumb article is linked so that all parties can discuss how dumb or intelligent said article may be, this discussion is moot.
                  That may take a while. The OP doesn't have linking rights yet and as he hasn't posted anything else, he won't be getting them for a while.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Maybe he can private message one of us the link and we can post it.

Comment

If he logs in again....

sure. Any willing member that has linking rights (gained at 15 non-game, non-intro posts) can post a link for him. Just review the link before you do to be sure you want it linked to your name (i.e. linking spam pages because a spammer asked you to will get staff attention, you are responsible for what your account does even when acting on another's behalf).

Comment

I'm assuming this is the article.

Comment

The article doesn't really say much about the religion itself while saying that the white supremacists warp it to their own ends just like they did with Christianity. I wonder why they didn't choose Islam...
                          The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                          I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                            I wonder why they didn't choose Islam...
                            Because it's an article about white supremacy?

Comment

Working...
                            X