Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting in touch with ones inner feminine

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
    Anyway, does anybody else ever feel like this (in the opposite sense as well, such as an inner masculine just waiting to emerge from the very feminine aspect of your being)?
    That depends. I wonder if what you're really seeking isn't your 'feminine side' as in your inner female, but rather just another aspect of you. Part that, as others have touched upon, you've been forced to conceal or repress due to your physical gender. The part of you that likes listening to Taylor Swift, or watching Bridget Jones' Diary, or whatever you might want to do, isn't necessarily female. The feminine child that you seek to nurture and find, is possibly 'feminine' only in the sense that they embody those traits you've been told to hide because they're not regarded as proper behaviour for a man.

If this is the case, then to answer your question, yes I have! Well, in a way. I actually have a thread all about my search for another 'me', who I call 'Chiema'. Chiema isn't my suppressed self or anything, but through Chiema I've been able to explore sides of my nature I'd never really displayed before and I've found the whole process of discovering a parallel spirituality very healing. Of course, I'm not claiming to be an expert on these things. I don't really understand it.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's actually the Vampire Diaries, but I'll let that slide.

Part of the fear is that I was picked on in school growing up and called 'homosexual' (much worse words in reality, but you get the idea) and other demeaning words and as I aged and got stronger and better at martial arts in and out of the training hall I became a roughian - I started looking for fights and hung out with a rough crowd, to say the least I was emanating my so-called masculinity because of insecurity due to my past. We were violent and highly sexualized, seeing females in less than respectful ways and treating them accordingly. Nothing along the lines of rape or anything, but girls were basically objects for sex, even girlfriends... which I didn't realize until my ex-girlfriend made it clear I was, or at least came off, as a POS misogynists - then again I have met females that are just as crude towards men, so...

The alternative reality, Jembru, that you speak about is a familiar thing for me, but that place is very dark and macabre, and has been there since I was a child as long as I can remember. It is not a place of fear or hatred, it is just a place that feels like a second home to me, although I cannot talk about it otherwise I come off as sounding death-obsessed, sick in the head, and plenty of other negative connotations. I have denied it for the better half of life thinking it is just a psychological reaction from my traumatic past. Recurring and vivid dreams of being an angel walking through time, visions, or what ever you want to call them, of giant misty black figures, or figures with no faces, spectrals, and all sorts of other phantoms have 'haunted' me throughout my life and I still feel those same presence to this day, although the visuals are less and come out more through my art than anything else, but they are very real to me. No names, just a presence. Angel of Death and Hecate are the closest names that I can give them from my limited understanding. Maybe I am confusing my way of expressing my idea of beauty with getting in touch with my inner feminine.

Comment

Are you saying you think your feminine side hides in your Jembru?

Comment

Originally posted by pillar View Post
          Are you saying you think your feminine side hides in your Jembru?
          No but then I also said I didn't think he was really looking for his feminine side...
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I read this thread fairly quickly so I apologize if I missed any points that have already been discussed. I'm not really sure what your question actually is about.
            Are you looking for a definition of what it means to be feminine? From what I've read here, that seems to be different for everyone that's posted so far, Woman and Man, alike. I don't really know what it means, to be honest because I've never considered myself feminine or masculine. Sadly, I have no pointers... Most of my days are spent just getting from point A to point B.

I am really curious about this dream that started the whole thing. Is this something you're willing to share with us (or me, in a PM, if you're not into sharing it publicly). I'm not terribly experienced at analyzing dreams that aren't my own, but maybe we can discern something from it that could act as a missing piece of the puzzle.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

If this is unrelated, please split it off, but is this the same as looking into the Sacred Feminine? That's something that I understand is prevalent in the pagan community, but I admit that I don't understand what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods, I actually just started a new thread about it, so feel free to delete my posts here.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Juniper, I sent you a private message of my dream (if you haven't already seen that), and there is the possibility of more than one issue, such as fear of change and releasing my inner child as well, but the inner feminine felt right when my friend pointed it out. A close friend of mine just came out that he is bi-sexual to me, so it is also somewhat in line with synchronicity (not really, considering I also wrote about the topic on the FB page and when we saw each other we talked about the femininity part, but it was a recent discovery for him).

Habbalah, it could definitely relate to the sacred feminine, as I have predominately worked with Goddess archetypes and maybe the little girl in my dream was a form of the Goddess trying to relate a message to me.

Comment

Working...
                X