Getting in touch with ones inner feminine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting in touch with ones inner feminine

I don't know where this goes, but it seems like a healing adventure, so here goes:

I just got done helping a long time friend with a school project where she analyzed a dream of mine that really hit home. It basically comes down to me being able to nurture an inner feminine child until she can grow and express herself as a beautiful strong, and able woman. Sounds easy enough, but it seems hard due to the fact that I am a straight male that is conditioned to be very masculine. How would someone such as myself go about learning to emanate this aspect of myself?

It may sound odd to some, but I am quite serious. I am not transgender nor care to be, nor am I confused about my sexuality, but I have an innate feminine aspect that is so real yet seems so elusive. I have worked predominately with Goddesses and listen to a lot of 'feminine' music, being that I am actually a fan of Taylor Swift because she has a wonderful way with words and bringing out emotions I forgot, more like denied, I had, which may not seem to weird, except I grew up in the punk scene and still love to listen to and play the music. I also love the Gothic fashion, and it is not a fetish, but a genuine interest in the beauty itself of the design.

Anyway, does anybody else ever feel like this (in the opposite sense as well, such as an inner masculine just waiting to emerge from the very feminine aspect of your being)?

Re: Getting in touch with ones inner feminine

I have worked predominately with Goddesses and listen to a lot of 'feminine' music, being that I am actually a fan of Taylor Swift because she has a wonderful way with words and bringing out emotions I forgot, more like denied,
    I'm going to be delicate when I say this. This is not what femininity is about. Like zero. Like so off the path you are in some weird stereotypical land of what you think it is to be a woman. It's not like you need to know. I will never understand what it is to be a man because I do not have those hormones coursing through me. I can academically knowledge the male anima etc. But I'm going to come up short if I think it's listening to Ramstein and grabbing my crotch. Know what I mean? In as kind a way as possible I just literally cringed at my screen.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I didn't mean to offend, and you're right, it is a sickening idea of what is socially conditioned to be feminine, and that stereotypical land is how I was conditioned to see aspects of the feminine. I was brought up in a land of roughians where that type of music was scoffed at and you were seen as weak and lesser somehow. In a punk scene that talks about unity, there really isn't much of it if you do not adhere to the costumes and soundtracks, and in a street life, it is was seen as a weakness to be male and have feminine traits and one of those traits was listening to stereotypical touchy-feely music like Taylor Swift or Avril Lavigne. Same thing with the girls that listened to metal and 'gangster' rap, they were perceived as more masculine, tougher, and the like. Like I said, I didn't mean to come off as offensive, but it was just the way it was where I grew up. This is exactly why I wrote the post! Thank you for the feedback.

Comment

Oh no. Don't get me wrong. I'm not offended at all. In fact I think it's really sweet of you to want to get in touch with your 'feminine side'. I just want you to understand this. If you never do, you are still perfectly the 100% person you were meant to be. There is nothing inherently wrong or missing from your being. It's ok to be a male and to have male thoughts and to not be in touch with your female side. Your body is its own level. Let it just be.

There is no flaw in you.

Comment

A great way to deal with this, is to understand that emotions and feelings don't really have a gender. So don't think of the emotions you are experiencing as being in touch with your feminine side. Think of it as a truly human exercise where you are getting in touch with your true unbound emotions.

Compassion, courage and perseverance are all genderless human emotions. There is absolutely no shame in embracing them.
          [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post

Compassion, courage and perseverance are all genderless human emotions. There is absolutely no shame in embracing them.
            Ahh, the reason I don't do compassion. It's a human thing.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I wonder if your confusing the idea of masculine & feminine as defined against energy being forceful or passive? For many males masculine energy is seen as being projecting and forceful and things that are receptive or passive are seen more as feminine energies. So anger / violence is masculine lets say yet feeling deeply for something is more feminine. It also crosses over into how we view the world and things within it. So things such as sports, hunting what you might call physical things were masculine pursuits while things such as music, fashion, teaching, office work, etc were often seen as feminine. Of course even within those items there is a further break down of so called masculine and feminine energies. Consider for many softball is feminine and in schools many times its only played by women. Yet many adult leagues are in fact softball leagues and the constructs change.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Maybe write down a list of things you consider feminine. Then really delve into each word, study it, read essays on it, and how you can apply it to your life, and why you think it's important to you, and why you consider it feminine vs. genderless/masculine.
                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                  Maybe write down a list of things you consider feminine. Then really delve into each word, study it, read essays on it, and how you can apply it to your life, and why you think it's important to you, and why you consider it feminine vs. genderless/masculine.
                  I think this is a good idea, or do something like it. Since it was YOUR dream it's not really what is feminine, it's what's feminine to you.

Comment

How would another define what is feminine? From the looks of, I have a very conditioned point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
                      How would another define what is feminine? From the looks of, I have a very conditioned point of view.
                      Feminine is how a woman feels to herself. Only she can define it.

Comment

It seems like it comes from a point of mysticism as well, such as the Chemical Wedding in Gnosticism and the co-mixture of yin-yang elixirs in Daoist Alchemy that makes it seem like there is a difference of masculine and feminine energies. There is also all the stuff that we think is feminine, but, doesn't traits of a female make it feminine if a male has those same traits, and vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
                          It seems like it comes from a point of mysticism as well, such as the Chemical Wedding in Gnosticism and the co-mixture of yin-yang elixirs in Daoist Alchemy that makes it seem like there is a difference of masculine and feminine energies. There is also all the stuff that we think is feminine, but, doesn't traits of a female make it feminine if a male has those same traits, and vice versa?
                          You have a very romantic notion of the fairer sex. I wish I was all mystical. A lot of times I'm just bitchfest and blood.

Let's just take this forum for example. When I look at all the females who post and I wonder what I am attracted to in them (feminine wise) it's their sheer and utter brute strength. To me that's feminine. I have no idea what half of them look like. If they speak in a genteel manner. If they are dainty. That's not what feminine is to me. And I'm almost certain that's not what it is to women either.

Comment

From my perspective that brute strength can be seen as a masculine trait, where a man's compassion can be seen as a feminine trait. But what is also true is the nurturing power of the mother aspect (the idea of goddess as protector) and man's compassion as their logic that compassion breeds fair relationships. This is not to say females are not logical, but in that mystical sense, feminine characteristics are often seen as intuitive and wise and masculine characteristics as logical and experiential. Receptivity versus force.

Comment

This is a HUGE generality, with many exceptions, variations, etc., but it's still obvious if you watch how people treat their small children based on gender: People still treat boys and girls very differently, right from birth. Girls are encouraged to smile, be nice, not show anger, and basically "flirt" to get what they want. Boys are encouraged to take risks, play hard, and be aggressive. Girls, having masked a lot of their true emotions, are not loved unconditionally, but rather for their "good" behavior, (and when they mature, are desperate to be loved...and go about finding it in all the wrong places and in all the wrong ways). So, the real "inner feminine" IS that very brute strength we're taught to hide. It's there, it's always been there.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X