OJ Simpson back in the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OJ Simpson back in the news

I searched it,and he is due to get out of jail in 2017 on the robbery charges. BUT,public opinion can be a harsh mistress also,so Karma still has a chance.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      Maybe they can charge him with different crimes related to the case. He's been cleared of double homicide, but maybe he can be charged with intent to do bodily harm, carrying a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit murder, something.
      Doubtful, a loophole that wide would make the prohibition on double jeopardy effectively meaningless because prosecutors could keep trying till they run out of offenses vaguely related to a given offense. As the state generally has more resources to fight with than private citizens, that would be a horribly bad option to give DAs. Barring wrath of Fed (which may or may not be an option even if the Feds want act and they probably don't), he's likely free and clear on the murders.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Doubtful, a loophole that wide would make the prohibition on double jeopardy effectively meaningless because prosecutors could keep trying till they run out of offenses vaguely related to a given offense. As the state generally has more resources to fight with than private citizens, that would be a horribly bad option to give DAs. Barring wrath of Fed (which may or may not be an option even if the Feds want act and they probably don't), he's likely free and clear on the murders.
        I guess we'll have to count on Fate, then.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Felony Perjury, tampering with evidence, lying to whomever....they can get him on stuff...enough to keep him in jail for a long time.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Felony Perjury, tampering with evidence, lying to whomever....they can get him on stuff...enough to keep him in jail for a long time.
            Can they? How many of those crimes have a statute of limitations that kicks in? Those murders and the associated trial were, what, 20 years ago?
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The murders took place on June 12, 1994, the white Bronco chase was five days later, on the 17th, and OJ was acquitted on Oct. 3, 1995. If this knife turns out to be relevant to the case I don't know the legalities of whatever will follow. Thing is, the murders are technically unsolved, so if they can now prove he did it, it may not keep him in jail, but there'll be closure to the whole thing. It's amazingly convoluted.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                They found a knife that had been buried on his property. Unbelievable! This is really the case that never goes away. And right in the middle of the miniseries with Cuba Gooding & John Travolta.
                I'm being up front in saying I will not read one thing in this thread except this first post. Because I don't care about the opinions of this at all.

But I will say this...the pr person for that show is amazing. I mean this is quite a kowinkidink that knife turns up just as this show is getting into it's, what, third episode?

Uhuh. Someone deserves a big fat raise.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Apparently, they don't think it's *the* knife..read a news story this morning from CNN, I think
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

In my opinion, I really don't think a new trial for the same crime wouldn't make any difference. I'm mean let face it the DNA of the knife is contaimated with other people DNA. Also he's a celebrity, people will have a hard time believing a celebrity commit a terrible crime. Plus he got money. So there a lot of factor involved which a new trial won't do any good.

Comment

Working...
                    X