No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I get to my question let's start with this premise:
    Biological Gender (sex) includes physical attributes such as external genitalia, sex chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, and internal reproductive structures. At birth, it is used to assign sex, that is, to identify individuals as male or female.

Question: Do you believe there is more than the female or male gender personally? Or do you believe as above there are many spectrum? And if so is it just many spectrum of male/female? Anomalies aside such as hermaphrodite. I'm just speaking on the majority here.

Mind you let's not make this about right/wrong debate. It's a sensitive subject. I'm just looking for your personal opinions.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Gender

I think there is a spectrum of gender, but being a spectrum it is still between male-female. It's not like the in-between makes one different from the male-female spectrum, but more or less male or female, sex aside. For instance, 'flamboyancy' seems to be more common in homosexual males than straight males, but there are still those straight males that are extremely flamboyant, but that flamboyancy is still within the spectrum of male-female; it's not like a tomato that ends up tasting like a peanut - completely out of place and outside of the spectrum.

Comment

Gender, under this definition, seems to be more of a philosophical viewpoint rather than a biological one. There probably isn't a right or wrong answer. But, am I inclined to believe there is something more to it than biology? Not really.

Comment

Biologically no one can be pure male or pure female. Early in formation we are all female. Gender is decided after life. The traits we view are labeled as "male" or "female" but there is no science there. One can look to the correspondences that we, as pagans, use to define the elements and everything in our practices to see that mutable and immutable states exist in all things. Woods show both male and female aspects just as stones and even planets. All that exists contains male, female, both and none all at the same time. This happens because of our own perceptions and biases.
        I am human (mostly) so I have both male and female associations in my personality. I can be compassionate and judgmental, creative and destructive, and I can love which is both a feminine and masculine trait. The genders are not "opposites" but rather complements. It is less a question of polarity than it is parts that fit together to complete the whole.
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Before I get to my question let's start with this premise:

Taken from genderspectrum.org

Question: Do you believe there is more than the female or male gender personally? Or do you believe as above there are many spectrum? And if so is it just many spectrum of male/female? Anomalies aside such as hermaphrodite. I'm just speaking on the majority here.

Mind you let's not make this about right/wrong debate. It's a sensitive subject. I'm just looking for your personal opinions.
          Absolutely. I consider myself gender fluid, because I fall in the middle on most days. Some days I flow more towards feeling male, some more towards female. It's nothing to do with gender stereotypes in that manner. Just how I feel on that day.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Gender is all equal. Nuff said. LOL!

Comment

I think that the only way gender matters is the biological gender as a reference point for an individual's health. To clarify, what sexual organs you have and in what way they impact your development and what issues you may face from those developments.

I think that personality wise, most people are "gender fluid" (as I understand the term) and that masculine and feminine traits change as a culture changes, often swapping between what is acceptable during one time period to another, so I don't give much relevance to that. I care about what someone self identifies as and honor that pronoun.
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
              X