Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons

Just thought I would toss this subject out and see if there are any like minds out there ... This can range anywhere from little pocket knives that your grandpa might have given you to a triple Drilling that was used on your last safari to take a cape buffalo ...

I myself have had several .22 rifles,a dozen .38 revolvers, a .38 super auto pistol, a .44 magnum revolver, numerous 12 gauge shotguns in various configurations, a .223 bolt rifle, a .308 bolt rifle, an 8mm bolt rifle and a .30-06 bolt rifle ... Just have a 12 gauge shotgun left since my last marraige > ...

Hunted critters from rabbits to elk and bear ...

I currently have a cat-o-nine-tails :, 2 gerber folding pocket knives and 2 katana swords ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Re: Weapons

Magusjinx, I'll take on your army, and your neigbor's too.

I have:
    Romanian military training .22
    British SMLE, no.4, Mark V (.303 Brit)
    Australian SMLS, No. 1, Mark I (.303 Brit)
    Russian M91 (7.62x54R)
    Russian M91, made by Remmington for the Czar in 1919 (7.62x54R)
    Russian M91/30 (7.62x54R)
    Russian M44 (7.62x54)
    Russian M36 (7.62x54R)
    Swiss Schmidt-Rubin (7.5x55)
    German M98 Mauser (8mm)
    Turkish M03 Mauser (8mm)
    Turkish M38 Mauser (8mm)
    Yugo M66 SKS (7.62x39)
    British Martini Henry long lever (.577/.450, black powder round)
    Nepalese Snider (.577 black powder round)
    Reproduction Kentucky flintlock (.44 muzzle loader)
    Repoduction Remmington Zouave (.58 muzzle loader)

I don't hunt anything, though - I just use them to poke holes in paper.

I have a sack full of black powder pistols as well, and more swords, pole arms and bayonets than I can even remember...

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I didn't keep any of the rifles or shotguns when my ex and I separated - those were his and I guess his mistress inherited them. I haven't gone hunting since the separation.

I have two 8 foot bullwhips, a teeny tiny folding knife, and two athames. One has a carved walrus tusk handle that's beautiful.

My daughter has a nice little handgun and a concealed-carry permit.
      My 12 year old granddaughter got a rifle for Christmas from her dad - pepto pink. Ugh.
      ------------------------

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
      - robert anton wilson -

Comment

Corbin ... I will take your Martini Henry and the SMLE No. 4 ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Damn! i thought i had a few weapons...

I used to have a Katana, Wakazashi and Tanto, Dual bladed staff sword - i handed these into the police in a amnesty.
          I still have a Khopesh, English broadsword, "Survival knife" and a few folding utility knives too.

M
          In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Mr Penry has a selection of whips (including a bull whip) and riding crops. he also has a Muff pistol (from the eighteenth century - small enough to fit into a woman's muff, that thing she carried to keep her hands warm.... stop sniggering at the back!)
            an eighteenth century Indian Matchlock rifle,
            an eighteenth century pistol belonging to a king's bodyguard
            and a WW1 flare pistol...
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Damn people,then again I can't throw stones.
              I have a quarter staff, two balanced throwing knives, a hachet, a short sword, and a compound bow. I wont get guns, because of my frequent depressions. My dads got more hand-to-hand weapons and a rifle
              Circe

Comment

Got myself a Lee Load-All for my birthday last year ... Gonna start playing around with hand loads as soon as weather clears ... Maybe around June ... I wonder what I did with those flechettes ...

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised Thjoth hasn't commented yet...he loves to share pictures of his baby.

ETA...nothing too impressive here. Most of our junk is made of foam. I have a cheap katana and some shuriken, though.
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

If it can do tissue damage then it is a good thing ... 8)

Comment

I have a rather large cast-iron skillet under my bed.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1344.msg27093#msg27093 date=1294350152]
                        Corbin ... I will take your Martini Henry and the SMLE No. 4 ...
                        [/quote]

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1344.msg27165#msg27165 date=1294370015]
                        Got myself a Lee Load-All for my birthday last year ... Gonna start playing around with hand loads as soon as weather clears ... Maybe around June ... I wonder what I did with those flechettes ...
                        [/quote]

Lee loading equipment rocks! Good quality, and less than half the price of any other equipment.

Get yourself one of the Queen's Henry's, Magusjinx, and you'll need to load up "Fat Boys" for it - the .577/.450 is a monster cartridge - and, since they don't make 'em anymore, they run about $20 each from a specialty supplier. You can roll your own for about $2 each.

The SMLE .303's are nice to load for as well, although if you have your choice, the No. 1 is better quality - the No. 4 is pretty much the same gun, but it was redesigned to use stamped metal parts instead of milled parts. They needed to cheapen and speed production for WWII... (Australlia continued using the WWI No. 1 in WWII. The one I have is an interesting piece of history because the markings indicate it was used in WWI and then again in WWII, then , somehow, it ended up in a British arsenal in India, before coming to me in the U.S...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Mind if I jump in here people.
                          1. two .22 rifles
                          2. a nice Savage .17 with scope.
                          3. Turkish 8mm
                          4. Yugo M48 8mm
                          5. Swiss 7.5mm
                          6. Yugo SKS 7.62x39
                          7. AK-47 (semi) 7.62x39
                          8. M-91/30 Russian
                          9. Black powder rifles, .58, .54, and .50
                          10. 12 Black powder pistols .31 to .50
                          11. 16 ga. shotgun
                          12. .31 cal mouse trap (Black powder) not sure if this fits here but it works nice.
                          13. six swords
                          14. Half a dozen bayonets
                          15. 40 odd pocket and sheath knifes
                          16. Directions to Corbins place

I'm a paper puncher too, unless provoked.

Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

[quote author=Monk link=topic=1344.msg27296#msg27296 date=1294413978]
                            12. .31 cal mouse trap (Black powder) not sure if this fits here but it works nice.
                            [/quote]

The mouse trap is hilarious...

It actually shoots the mouse...

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=1344.msg27297#msg27297 date=1294414100]
                              The mouse trap is hilarious...

It actually shoots the mouse...
                              [/quote]
                              Have to dig a slit trench in the garden to use it. Nothing like black powder and peanut butter to satisfy a mouses appetite. Yes it works well, even lets you know when it's time (smoke) to reload it.
                              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
                              X