Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weapons

1 custom made sword.
    1 "survival" knife, alltho, it's more a tool than an actual weapon.
    1 multi-tool pocket knife, used for tool purposes.

Comment

Mr Penry also has a long bow and some war arrows.

His lifelong ambition is to build a ballista and fire it at the neighbours.....
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=1344.msg27332#msg27332 date=1294432900]
        [/quote]

I'm making up plans to build a balista too! It'e my summer projet that I keep putting off...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=1344.msg27332#msg27332 date=1294432900]
          Mr Penry also has a long bow and some war arrows.

[/quote]

I have a list of 'No-Nos' for my husband.

No tanks, no cannons, no ballistae, no catapults, no rail guns, no trebuchets, no Tesla earthquake machines or death rays... basically nothing long-range that can be used to create havoc beyond the confines of the back yard. He'd be a supervillain if it wasn't for me keeping him in check.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=1344.msg27337#msg27337 date=1294433749]
            I'm making up plans to build a balista too! It'e my summer projet that I keep putting off...
            [/quote]

Do you reckon he could build one on his side of the Atlantic and you build one on yours and maybe they could meet in the middle?

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=1344.msg27353#msg27353 date=1294438042]

No tanks, no cannons, no ballistae, no catapults, no rail guns, no trebuchets, no Tesla earthquake machines or death rays... basically nothing long-range that can be used to create havoc beyond the confines of the back yard. He'd be a supervillain if it wasn't for me keeping him in check.
            [/quote]

I had a list of No-Nos for Mr Penry once.... unfortunately he ignored most of them. Mind you, looking on the bright side, he hasn't actually asked for a death ray yet....
            But I'd never be surprised....
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=1344.msg27353#msg27353 date=1294438042]

[/quote]

Lol my science projects usually include something like that. Science can be fun, especially physics
              Circe

Comment

A Balista?

I know a few ebenists who can make the wooden parts. That would leave the metal bolts and nuts, the guiding rail, the rewinding gearbox, rewinding handle, the holding pins and the safety pin, I know how to make those. The rubber strap that I do not know who can make this?????

the ammo... big phone poles with spiked and jagged tempered steel heads for maximum damage!

Comment

I think you could get away with just about everything made from a variety of woods ... Might need a bit of iron bark for sears ...

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Here are some sharp pointies.
                    CRK Sebenzas

Some Spyderco knives. I was too lazy to take them out of their box when I took this pic.

Some more of my pretties.

Comment

We love sharp pointy things ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

This pic didn't seem to display.

Comment

Thought you might like to see the mouse gun.
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Was this a flash in the pan so to speak?
                            Is there so little interest in the fine art of dismembering ones fellow man?
                            Do we shrink back from the ugly truth that we are fascinated with the devices we design to do so?
                            Please say it isn't so me lords and ladies.

Ah Megusjinx you old phart did you forget you started this thread!

P.S. Hope all is well with you
                            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

[quote author=Monk link=topic=1344.msg28170#msg28170 date=1294801257]
                              Ah Magusjinx you old phartte did you forget you started this thread!

P.S. Hope all is well with you
                              [/quote]Nope ... Just wanted to let everyone else have a go of it ... As for being well, my leg is all sorts of pretty colors, purple, blue and various red and pink shades ... As long as it doesn't go yellow, green again I am in good shape I guess ... Looks a bit like a snake shedding ...

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=1344.msg27238#msg27238 date=1294379105]
                                I have a rather large cast-iron skillet under my bed.
                                [/quote]

Thanks for cheering me up!

I have a .22 rifle, a 12g shot gun and an AR-15, that's it for guns. No hand guns at the moment but I do have a number of knives. O_o
                                "I wish I could be more moderate in my desires, but I cannot, and so there is no rest." -John Muir

Comment

Working...
                                X