Sacred Feminine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacred Feminine

Decided to just go ahead and make a new thread. What is the Sacred Feminine? What does it mean for you, or your path, if applicable?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Sacred Feminine

Honestly? I'm bleeding from my uterus. People say it's a sacred thing.
    I call it the reason I'm bitchy.

As an atheist. That's my stance.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Honestly? I'm bleeding from my uterus. People say it's a sacred thing.
      I call it the reason I'm bitchy.

As an atheist. That's my stance.
      I remember briefly discussing this with Thal at some point, but I guess I don't understand why "moon blood" is sacred. I know that it's unique to people who have a uterus, but it's still waste your body sheds.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

The Goddess archetype, the feminine energies as taught by Mystery Traditions the world over (Shakti, Kundalini, Yin Essence), birthing process - because that is hardcore and amazing all in one.

Comment

I've never really understood the Sacred Feminine. I agree, I don't understand why periods are held as sacred. I can see why pregnancy and the birthing process are held as a "beautiful and profound" Mystery, but even after going through it 3 times, I don't consider myself to have gone through something sacred. *shrug* I've never understood the things deemed as mysteries, only relate to personal experiences.
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

In antiquity if a man bled for a week he would most likely die but women do it monthly and are healthy. As far as birth is concerned it is similar to the divine creation of life.
            Women are thus closer to the sacred, than men.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Having always been committed to remaining childfree, there were a couple of times over the years when I considered getting my period a sacred event worthy of celebration! Seriously though, I think that mystique developed due to the correlation with lunar, etc., cycles of nature.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

On the flip side,in some cultures a woman's period was considered "Unclean",and during this time they had to stay confined away from the main group(it was believed that Menstrual blood would dull a blade) So,culture was not always positive concerning it.

- - - Updated - - -

Site on Religion and menstruation

BTW,NOT a wiki page

- - - Updated - - -

From the site:

Abstract

A look at major religions of the world shows that, without exception, they have placed restrictions on menstruating women. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism have all made statements about menstruation and its negative effect on women, leading to prohibitions about physical intimacy, cooking, attending places of worship, and sometimes requiring women to live separately from men at this time. This article explores these taboos, gives first-hand accounts of these religions' attitudes toward menstruating women, and suggests a course of research that could lead to change.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What if it doesn't matter what your gender is? What if your gender didn't play a role in your worth as a human to yourself and/or to your creator (if you believe in one)? What if it's your actions that determine who you are?
                  [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                    What if it doesn't matter what your gender is? What if your gender didn't play a role in your worth as a human to yourself and/or to your creator (if you believe in one)? What if it's your actions that determine who you are?
                    I don't think it matters at all what your gender is. The elevation of male over female, or vise versa, doesn't make sense to me.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Good point D,also Same Habbs..As I see it,you are a reflection of your deeds,and gender does not alter good or bad what your deeds say about you.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Male energy = sudden, explosive, and concious.

Female energy = slow, long lasting, unconcious.

They are based on mammalian reproduction, really have nothing to do with what a "male" is like or what a "female" is like (taken as a person); they are ways to catagorize actions.

In most cases, female energy has the greatest impact, although male energy gives the appearance of being stronger.

As Master Lao says, "there is nothing harder than stone, or softer than water, but water wears away stone," and "you make the cup, but it is the empty space within that you use."

From my point of view, attaching these concepts to humans based on their genitals is a reduction into absurdity.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It just brings up this bit of Media.
                          So Society may judge at times.

And I think Bowie points this out in the video,song.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                            There are differences between masculine and feminine, male and female, both biologically and metaphysically. It doesn't mean one is lesser or greater than another, but to get beyond the point of separation into melding of the differences. Biologically of course, it is the conception of the child, where both sperm and egg create a new being. Metaphysically, as B. de Corbin pointed out, the masculine is explosive and the feminine is receptive, so one must balance each to be complete, what certain schools call the Chemical Wedding (I think it's the Rosicrucians).

In martial arts, especially internal martial arts, one must have sung (relaxation) which gives one receptive power (evasion and felling techniques) and also fa jin which is explosive striking and throwing power. Gender plays no part in your self-worth except maybe in societies standards, which I deal with obviously, but within my own world when I am by myself, there are no boundaries of masculine-feminine.

I am a 'Goddess' oriented practitioner, and agree with the concepts of the Lord and Lady but I do perceive the 'True Divine' as a concept that has no rational explanation, but a source and power of the connection and meaning between all things and ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by THANK... View Post
                              There are differences between masculine and feminine, male and female, both biologically and metaphysically. It doesn't mean one is lesser or greater than another, but to get beyond the point of separation into melding of the differences. Biologically of course, it is the conception of the child, where both sperm and egg create a new being. Metaphysically, as B. de Corbin pointed out, the masculine is explosive and the feminine is receptive, so one must balance each to be complete, what certain schools call the Chemical Wedding (I think it's the Rosicrucians).

In martial arts, especially internal martial arts, one must have sung (relaxation) which gives one receptive power (evasion and felling techniques) and also fa jin which is explosive striking and throwing power. Gender plays no part in your self-worth except maybe in societies standards, which I deal with obviously, but within my own world when I am by myself, there are no boundaries of masculine-feminine.

I am a 'Goddess' oriented practitioner, and agree with the concepts of the Lord and Lady but I do perceive the 'True Divine' as a concept that has no rational explanation, but a source and power of the connection and meaning between all things and ideas.
                              Good post

I didn't say males and females are the same, I understand they are different. Was just saying they are equal in terms of it's their actions that define who they are, in my opinion.
                              [4:82]

Comment

Working...
                              X