Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evil

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    By all means yes. If it hurts other people it's evil. And I don't mean to be rude or anything. But don't put words into my mouth. I know what I said and I'm sticking to my opinion.
    Lol. Are you not understanding the words that are in my comment box? I didn't say that you said anything. All you said was "Well this my religious viewpoint on evil and I'm not sugarcoating this topic on evil." I told you that I don't need you to sugarcoat it as I am not a child. I never said that you called me a child or referred to me as one. I was saying I don't need you to sugarcoat it.

You know, you saying "By all means yes. If it hurts other people it's evil" is different. So, I knew someone who had BPD which is Borderline Personality Disorder. She was untreated and overly emotional(emotion range is 'normal' for them), so one day she asked me did I want to talk on the phone. I'm human, I have free will and what not so I told her no. After I told her no she expressed that she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So, because I didn't want to talk on the phone to her, I "hurt" her. So do you think that's evil?
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I'm sorry it I was aggressive earlier but I said before this is my religious viewpoint on evil.

Comment

I'm sorry it I was aggressive earlier but I said before this is my religious viewpoint on evil.
        Okay, but ....So, I knew someone who had BPD which is Borderline Personality Disorder. She was untreated and overly emotional(emotion range is 'normal' for them), so one day she asked me did I want to talk on the phone. I'm human, I have free will and what not so I told her no. After I told her no she expressed that she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So, because I didn't want to talk on the phone to her, I "hurt" her. So do you think that's evil?
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Whatever you say.

- - - Updated - - -

No that not evil at all.

Comment

Spoiler alert: Evil doesn't exist and is just a human construct to generalize human behavior without looking for a root cause.

Comment

To be honest with everybody, It's hard to say which is evil. For example, saying a bad joke to women isn't inheredity evil. But it isn't nice and good either. Physically attacking a racist isn't evil. But it's illegal to do it. Saying insults to other people isn't evil. But it's rude to do it. So there's always a gray area to these situations.

Comment

To be honest with everybody, It's hard to say which is evil. For example, saying a bad joke to women isn't inheredity evil. But it isn't nice and good either. Physically attacking a racist isn't evil. But it's illegal to do it. Saying insults to other people isn't evil. But it's rude to do it. So there's always a gray area to these situations.
                Whether or not something is evil is based on someone's perspective. Hell, what we see as evil could actually be good. We just don't know. I actually agree more with what ThePaganMafia said.

Comment

Again like I said it hard to define what truly evil and what isn't evil.

Comment

Again like I said it hard to define what truly evil and what isn't evil.
                    Exactly. Which is why it's based on your perspective. Moral relativism. It's probably not even real. People do stuff, they feel bad because of what? Because something hurt another person and they were brought up that hurting others is wrong. Now if it's that person is brought up that hurting others isn't bad, then when they do hurt someone they don't feel bad at all.

Comment

Imho, setting boundaries when needed is not evil. It might hurt the both sides a bit but eventually will prevent further damage.

I agree with ThePaganMafia, at least when I'm thinking rationally. However, I'm a mere mortal who likes to take in some religious ideals and almost every religion does have a rather rigid idea of evil which I sometimes kind of like because thinking with your very own brain is sometimes a bit difficult. (At least for me. I know several people who seem to have no problems whatsoever with that.)
                      And finally, human construct or not, the word evil does have it's place in the world. "Not very nice" just doesn't cover all the atrocities that are happening.
                      baah.

Comment

Imho, setting boundaries when needed is not evil. It might hurt the both sides a bit but eventually will prevent further damage.

I agree with ThePaganMafia, at least when I'm thinking rationally. However, I'm a mere mortal who likes to take in some religious ideals and almost every religion does have a rather rigid idea of evil which I sometimes kind of like because thinking with your very own brain is sometimes a bit difficult. (At least for me. I know several people who seem to have no problems whatsoever with that.)
                        And finally, human construct or not, the word evil does have it's place in the world. "Not very nice" just doesn't cover all the atrocities that are happening.
                        But, it's like, how do you know it's evil, that's the part I'm not understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                          But, it's like, how do you know it's evil, that's the part I'm not understanding.
                          I don't.
                          baah.

Comment

Evil is like a box of chocolates,Mama always said...(You never know what you are going to get)
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              Evil is like a box of chocolates,Mama always said...(You never know what you are going to get)
                              It's weird. That's it, it's hard to say what is and isn't.

Comment

I can't define evil, I just use that word when I find it more appropriate than some other word.
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X