Daylight Savings (the one that sucks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings (the one that sucks)

So I realize not everyone in the world has to do this. I realize many do it at different times. So we can't all blame Ben for it!

Before you go to bed Saturday night, know all your electronic devices will eff you over by moving the clock up one hour. Thus totally screwing your inner clock over.

Yay. :=I:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Daylight Savings (the one that sucks)

What messes me up is which ones change by themselves and which ones don't. I always get one thing in the house wrong, and then it ends up being off by 2 hours. And I deal with so much stuff in other time zones I'm always going back & forth. I'm lucky I know what day it is!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Woo-hoo. Thank god my cellphone doesn't need to switch time. It's automatic.

Comment

Yeah, phones/computers change automatically. Some thermostats, home alarms, etc., do & some don't. I've got clocks all over the place!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Damn, not only do I lose an house, but I also need to get up early because I'm volunteering at the Shamrock Run with my School. Not looking forward to waking up at 4:30am, on Sunday. Le BLAH.

Edited to add: In case there's confusion, I'm totally stoked to participate at the event. I won't be running in it, but I'll be there supporting the runners after they finish. It's going to be loads of fun. I'm just not fond of waking up early. XD
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I hate switching times. It affects my body because we lose an hour and i'm so not a morning person. *pulls cover over head* Spring must come though.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Ours isn't for another few weeks (our fall one is a week earlier and our spring one is three weeks later). Still, I'm actually looking forward to it. My body always seems to work better at spring time, which makes the winter one really hard for me. I don't wake up early enough in the winter to notice that extra hour of daylight earlier in the morning, but I sure notice when it's dark at like 4 pm. And I'm definitely noticing that it's light before 6 am (I tend to want to wake up at dawn as soon as March hits, regardless of when "dawn" is.) I'm looking forward to the extra hour of sleep and the later sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                thermostats
                I forgot to change that one. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                I hate switching times. It affects my body because we lose an hour and i'm so not a morning person. *pulls cover over head* Spring must come though.
                Same here. I wish they'd just keep it one way or the other. I hate these changes.
                śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Working...
                X