My Story Of How I Convert And Deconvert Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story Of How I Convert And Deconvert Christianity

Hello everybody I'm going to tell you about my Christian experience about how I used to be one. A long time ago about almost my entire life that I was a Christian. I haven't never been to church in my childhood. About in my 20s I have been in three different church until the last church was right for me. It was a Hispanic church even though I'm part African American and part Hispanic America I barely knew the Spanish language but luckily they speak English as well. How I found about this church that I knew a friend who I used to go to school with. Anyway he told me about this church and I feel right at home. I got baptized and learn the true word of Christ. A couple of months later I was unsure about this religion that I thought I was happy about. Then they told me that Halloween is a devil holiday, Evolution is Satan work and also all religion is evil and all that dogmatic stuff. So I stop going to church and deconvert from until I convert to Taoism. That's my story.

Re: My Story Of How I Convert And Deconvert Christianity

I was into Christianity for a while at a point too, the talk about evolution not being true and everybody else but them being Satan worshippers turned me away as well. I'm much more aligned with the accepting nature of paganism. Good for you for finding out a faith that works with your beliefs.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Thank you Doc Holiday. I just realized that there are some religions which is to fundamental to handle and there are some religions that you're truly happy. I already post a thread how I convert into Taoism and now you know the story how I first started out becoming a Christian. So anyway it was a bad experience becoming a Christian but it wasn't that bad. What I got out of Christianity was love, friendship and faith. But truthfully speaking I'm not the type of person who want to force my beliefs in people throats. I'm just not the converting type of person.

Comment

I was very Christian for a time. I also realized I was queer, and for a time, also thought I might be trans. My youth group moved into a period of anti-gay preaching. I said if I heard one more message like it, I'd leave and never came back. They did. So I did.
        “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I almost converted from Protestantism to Orthodoxy which is more mystic, traditional and pragmatic, and through the process I learnt about the origins of holidays and now have to constantly tell different pagans why Christian holidays aren't pagan in origin (like how Pascha was in Britain before Easter and Hallowe'en is a holy fast day before the feast day of Nov 1st dedicated after the consecration of a chapel in Italy, nothing to do with Samhain).

However, life is purposeless and often shit and a loving God who is meant to be like father cannot be reconciled over how life rolls out. I find far more comfort to believe that life just happens and we deal with it, that there is no greater power controlling our lives and actions, nor that we have to spend our lives worrying about the next. It doesn't stack up that a miscarriage or a rape is "part of God's plan", you know? It's basically saying "I believe in a big ol' bastard who not only allowed it to happen, but made it happen, and you're too inferior to understand why. So am I, but this is meant to be comforting somehow."

Ha! Yeah, right! So the practices of orthodox Christianity no doubt affect my thoughts and how I approach life, because I enjoyed how it worked, but the premise is faulty.
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Working...
          X