Is It Normal To Be Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It Normal To Be Perfect

Ok there's this person who's perfect at everything. He/she got a perfect house, perfect hygiene, perfect health, perfect family, perfect grades at school, never been in any trouble, never use drugs, alcohol and smoking, perfect job, perfect finanace, he/she got a perfect life going on here. So my question is do you think it's normal to be perfect at everything?

Re: Is It Normal To Be Perfect

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Ok there's this person who's perfect at everything. He/she got a perfect house, perfect hygiene, perfect health, perfect family, perfect grades at school, never been in any trouble, never use drugs, alcohol and smoking, perfect job, perfect finanace, he/she got a perfect life going on here. So my question is do you think it's normal to be perfect at everything?
    Maybe everything is not as perfect as it seems. Quite often people who try to present their life as perfect, have deep insecurities and even they indeed were leading a happy and seemingly succesful life right now, sooner or later they have to face the ugly side of life as well. Not to mention that keeping up the image of a perfect life or always trying to reach perfection can lead to a breakdown and there's nothing to envy in that.

And remember, there's always someone who has it either better or worse than you. Someone might think that it is you who has the perfect life. (And if you feel like presenting some reasons why your life might not be so perfect, remember that this perfect person of yours could do the very same trick. We just don't know about the "dark sides" of others.)

And when it comes to the question in the title: Absolutely not. Because 'perfect' is an illusion that tends to change constantly according to the societal norms and it doesn't take in consideration the fallibility of human nature. And clever business folks are eager to make money out of people's desire to become perfect so you might want to ponder if your ideas of 'perfect' come from commercials or media and involve money changing hands...
    baah.

Comment

NO ONE is perfect at anything
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Nothing and no has the perfect anything. The bigger question is... Why do you care so much about it in the first place?

Comment

That would be perfectly annoying.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You can't be perfect at everything. We are not made to be perfect at everything. I would be insane to try to be perfect at everything.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Perfection is impossible, as far as I'm concerned. And if everyone had the same standard, it wouldn't be "perfect" anymore--it would be the norm.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

If someone was perfect they couldn't stand to be around others.
                Now My brother says he is the perfect human being. He makes the perfect number of mistakes and has the perfect number of adversities in his life, therefore he is the "perfect human". When asked, "How are you?" I answer, "Perfect" but it is an affirmation and not a fact.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                X