"The Brainwashing of my Dad" Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Brainwashing of my Dad" Documentary

I am really excited to watch this as it affects me personally. My Dad went from very apolitical when I was a child to watching Fox News 8-12 hours a day(not an exaggeration) now that he is retired. It affected our relationship to the point that we haven't spoken in two years. He'll wake up in the morning fine but after he turns on Fox it all begins to go downhill. As the day goes on he becomes increasingly angry. He once told me my liberal views were on of his "greatest disappointments".

Anyways, the Right Wing propaganda machine has real casualties. It makes me feel better that seeing this I am not alone in my experience of watching a profound change in a family member. So, where does this end? Should there be any journalistic accountability? I mean you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater when there is no fire. The media machine on the Right has incited hate and death. It incited the rise of Trump. Where does it end? Do all the Baby Boomers have to die out first?

The internet has done wonders for propaganda. I think people believe everything they see posted on Facebook. Bullshit-specializing political clickbait sites like Breitbart, The Blaze, and PATRIOT NEWS POST NOW!(Okay I made that one up but I am sure it's coming soon) are cultivating the new generation of angry white people.

TL;DR-The media is scary and people are dumb.
Working...
X