Things That Are Racist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things That Are Racist

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: A person should only be judged for their personal actions, not the actions of people who look kind of like them.

Racists do that.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

So are you saying that no-one is responsible for the actions of the local community that they Identify with? I have to disagree there - Changes within such social groupings, to be truly effective and accomplished in a reasonable time frame have to come from within that community
      I'm all for personal responsibility, but part of that is also a responsibility for the groups you chose to associate with or chose not to disassociate with.
      That is why I used the circle court example. It is out and out racism to allow someone to get a different punishment system because of their heritage, if it is lesser or if it more severe doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        It's about as truthful as people stating the Roman Empire was ruled by white's while ignoring the Ceasar's who were clearly African and rose to power.
        The only confirmed black Emperor I can find information on was Septimius Severus and maybe Pescennius Niger (history doesn't seem clear on him). Do you have any other information on this? I ask because they both ruled for a very short amount of time (four years and one year, respectively).
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Marradin View Post
          So are you saying that no-one is responsible for the actions of the local community that they Identify with?
          No. They are all individually responsible for their own actions, as well as their willful inactions.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

So, basically the logic is, "We dug you a hole, threw you in it, took away the shovel, and now it's your personal responsibility to dig yourself out."

And we can overpolice your "hole" and create a fake war on drugs that disproportionately affects the poor and minorities so we can knock you back into your hole periodically. Not only that we'll gentrify your hole and all the holes around you so you can go to even deeper holes. BUT REMEMBER! If you don't get out it's your fault because it's your personal responsibility.

Comment

That's not what I said. I said they actively refuse help from outside their community. And glorify failing to use systems that would help them out. that's a BIG difference. if you weren't responding to me apologies - use reply with quote on this heated discussion

I'm an advocate of constructive cultural merging and tolerance. Everyone under the same laws, removing the concept of 'other' as a bad thing from society. I doubt I'll see it happen anywhere in my lifetime.

Comment

Sounds like kids arguing in the back seat of a car on a long trip...

I have it worse!
                No, I do!
                No, I do!
                No, I do!
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Sounds like kids arguing in the back seat of a car on a long trip...

I have it worse!
                  No, I do!
                  No, I do!
                  No, I do!
                  You mean like this? https://youtu.be/VKHFZBUTA4k
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                    You mean like this? https://youtu.be/VKHFZBUTA4k
                    Bwaaaa, Hahahaha!

"Try to tell that to young people today, and do you think they'll believe ya'?"
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Good ideas (smirk smirk) for talking to your kids about racism:

How To Talk To Your Child About Racism

Comment

I brought you into this world,and I can take you out...now STFU..I am trying to drive here.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                          The only confirmed black Emperor I can find information on was Septimius Severus and maybe Pescennius Niger (history doesn't seem clear on him). Do you have any other information on this? I ask because they both ruled for a very short amount of time (four years and one year, respectively).
                          Octavian is another one who gets hammered with the African heritage charges. Though I suppose that is a matter of debate as the claim is his grandmother, might be wrong doing this off the top of my head, was African while others say he looked African. What I've read seems to suggest his "Ancestor" was either from Lybia or Egypt which ties back to some of the claims made against him at Aricia. Octavian is the topic of discussion for a few pages in the book Roman Religions and the Cult of Diana at Aricia. Most of the info I have on Septimius Severus I gathered from books and articles dealing with coins.

Definitely a difficult trail to unravel as time has passed. About the only thing for certain, and that suspect, is that the African connection seems to originate from Lybia and / or Egypt.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                          X