Homemade Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Conditioner

Does anyone have recommendations for a homemade conditioner recipe? I've heard that using just diluted vinegar works, but that sounds like it'd strip your hair, rather than condition it. My hair turns to straw after I shampoo it, so I need a conditioner that actually makes my hair soft and sleek again.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Homemade Conditioner

Back in my day, people used beer. (On the hair, I mean )
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
      Back in my day, people used beer. (On the hair, I mean )
      I've seen some posts about using beer on the hair. Was that to rinse or wash or what?
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

As I remember it,beer was used as a shampoo.

Beer Shampoo and conditioner

Get your hair buzzed!!
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Don't waste fresh beer.

Save backwash after festive occasions for your hair.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well, the first question is how are you washing it? ACV (apple cider vinegar) is great if you aren't using pH balanced shampoos (like back in my granny's childhood) because it neutralizes the basic nature of most soaps (it's why some soaps are considered gentler than others--gentle soaps tend to be closer to neutral. Beer is another one-and it does work, makes your hair shiny and have good body, as does apple cider (the real kind). There's also egg yolk or just an egg...make sure the water isn't too got or you'll have scrambled egg head, mayonnaise (essentially egg and oil, a number of oils (jojoba is the most like your head's natural oils, honey (I used the baking soda-herb infused acv-honey method when I was exclusively 'poo-less for two years)... There are some others that I'm forgetting, but all of them take some adjustment time and a few have a n experimentation process or a learning curve
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

because I have psoriasis of the scalp,I use a pine tar shampoo,better for me than a coal tar shampoo. Also does not mess with the hair it self in a negative way.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've seen recipes with highly diluted gelatin. Never tried them, but it makes sense in theory.

Comment

Originally posted by TxanGoddess View Post
                  I've seen recipes with highly diluted gelatin. Never tried them, but it makes sense in theory.
                  If you make soup from bones, you are basically making highly diluted flavored gelatin - which comes from boiled out bones, hoofs, hides, and other assorted non-edibles (it can be made of seaweed, but you have to pay extra for the vegetarian version).

So wash your hair in bone soup.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

My new go-to is coconut oil. I just put a few drops in when it's still wet after washing and it smooths out the fuzzy ends.

I've used the egg before (yolks for moisture and whites for oil pickup.... I think, or it's the other way around). It works really well. I've also heard that a mashed avocado used as a hair mask is a good conditioner too.

I only use produced shampoo about twice a month, if that, though so it may depend on what you're using to wash your hair.

Comment

Coconut oil is one oil that has many uses. It is one of a handful of oils that will not cause dehydration. That makes it a very good intimate lubricant as well as body, hand, and hair moisturizer.
                      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X