Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Good Friday...

... to our Christian friends!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Happy Good Friday...

And what is so good about it?..its raining and gloomy..and I have no Easter eggs(Chocolate) to snack on. My sweet tooth is calling me.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      And what is so good about it?..its raining and gloomy..and I have no Easter eggs(Chocolate) to snack on. My sweet tooth is calling me.
      I got the day off. That's good enough for me
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That my friend works...the snow gods are smiling on you as we type.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's been sunny all day I've been finishing wiring my workshop for power and light AND my wife and I bought Lindt eggs a couple days ago. Tomorrow may be lousy weather, we'll see! But Sunday is lamb roast and, since it was my brother's birthday today, he is coming with his wife and two daughters and we're watching Star Wars all afternoon. A very Christian event haha. I don't mind indulging in quasi-Christian celebrations, because it's part of my regional Christian heritage, and it's fun. Being Christian has nowt to do with it. I attend and respect Samhain (which is more than can be said about some others who attend, stoners and kids), but not myself a Brittonic polytheist.

- - - Updated - - -

So I agree, happy good Friday to the Christians who probably find my indulgence on Easter Sunday a little distateful lol
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

It never does harm, to the giver or reciever, to wish honest good feelings on occassions that are important to the other, all side snark aside.

Comment

I completely forgot this Sunday is Easter. My boss gave it to me off. Finally for one day the heathen gets a Christian holiday off!

Happy Good Friday!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                ... to our Christian friends!
                Thank you!! I'd like to write an essay on it but I think that will be another 6 months or more down the track. Baby due soon! Trying to clean up and get the house ready

Comment

Happy Easter or whatever people might be celebrating!

And then a question: why is it called 'Good Friday'? (I could google it but it would be more interesting to hear it from someone with personal knowledge rather than going always on Wikipedia. )
                  Calling a day when a god/prophet/Messiah is crucified doesn't sound very 'good' to me... (Here they call it 'long Friday'.)
                  baah.

Comment

It's "good" because it is the day that the Son of God went to a willing death to redeam the human race.

I'm not Christian, but I get the idea

(Also, I was catechismed as a child)

Comment

Ah, okay. Thanks!
                      I never got deep into that "redeem" part when I was a kid anyway.
                      baah.

Comment

Working...
                      X