Should Men be able to hit Women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Men be able to hit Women?

The real problem here is in the original question: should men be able to hit women? Well then the answer must be 'no.' For much the same reason as adults are not supposed to hit children (their own or other people's.) There is inequality of strength in most cases, meaning it is not a fair fight.
    More interesting to me is why 'men' would want to hit 'women.' Self defence, okay, I get that. But generally speaking, why do some men hate women so much?
    Because some men do (and, before anyone jumps in - yes, some women hate men.)
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

But generally speaking, why do some men hate women so much?
      Our vaginas are like Studio 54. Only the cool and beautiful get in I guess.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You done made me proud of your mastery of the english language,and Satire and elegant visions and comedic timing. BRAVO Duce!!!
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Violence sucks. Words, fists, or weapons, and this is coming from a martial arts and pugilist enthusiast that used to be a lead singer in street punk band - violence breeds more violence, and because of the first hand experience with violence it is not just a catchphrase, but a brutal truth of human aggression.

Unless it is for self defense and you have run out of options, no. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
            The real problem here is in the original question: should men be able to hit women? Well then the answer must be 'no.' For much the same reason as adults are not supposed to hit children (their own or other people's.) There is inequality of strength in most cases, meaning it is not a fair fight.
            This is a flawed comparison. Yes strength matters and yes men normally have an advantage there but a healthy adult woman with even a vague idea of how to hurt someone can still land attacks that hurt a lot easier than any kid except a late teen. A woman with actual training can be pretty damn lethal.

I think to simplify my position immensely. If you are a threat (and some women have the skill and ability to be one) then I'll treat you as one. If you aren't a threat (some women, and men for that matter, aren't), then I won't. I make that decision case by case and I'm too lazy to start spelling out any factors in detail.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

...But generally speaking, why do some men hate women so much?
              Because some men do (and, before anyone jumps in - yes, some women hate men.)
              The simple answer in "Because they are afraid." But that just leads you to the real question: "Why are they afraid?"

To answer that, you need a poet:

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Wow,interesting Cohan with a video from "Man from Uncle" I recognize Illya Kuryakin done by David McCallum who is now doing Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard on N.C.I.S.

I am a BIG fan of him,BTW.(Cohan and McCallum)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  This is a flawed comparison. Yes strength matters and yes men normally have an advantage there but a healthy adult woman with even a vague idea of how to hurt someone can still land attacks that hurt a lot easier than any kid except a late teen. A woman with actual training can be pretty damn lethal.

I think to simplify my position immensely. If you are a threat (and some women have the skill and ability to be one) then I'll treat you as one. If you aren't a threat (some women, and men for that matter, aren't), then I won't. I make that decision case by case and I'm too lazy to start spelling out any factors in detail.
                  It's not a totally flawed comparison... because the original question just said men and women. Not weedy little men versus hulking great women. It relied upon stereotypes, which is why I compared with adults and children. Generally speaking women are not as strong as men. We often don't grow as tall, we don't try to build muscles, and we don't go to the boxing gym. For that reason alone, i answered as I did, and I did say the inequality of strength was in most cases.

Apart from that, you can all go and fight it out amongst yourelves

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Well, if we are using that thought process, it would actually depend actually on why the woman felt compelled to hit the man.

If it was because he was attempting to take liberties with her person or character, she'd be expected to defend her virtue.
                    I absolutely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Teleiophilia
                    Arousal to reproductive-aged adults

Wait, what? If one loves sex with an adult this is a sexual fetish? Shit I thought that was what was called "normal."

Comment

It's not a totally flawed comparison... because the original question just said men and women. Not weedy little men versus hulking great women. It relied upon stereotypes, which is why I compared with adults and children. Generally speaking women are not as strong as men. We often don't grow as tall, we don't try to build muscles, and we don't go to the boxing gym. For that reason alone, i answered as I did, and I did say the inequality of strength was in most cases.

Apart from that, you can all go and fight it out amongst yourelves
                      It occurs to me that the argument I was gonna go with bases off my sister and she is several inches above the average height (which leaves her reach about on par with mine). I'd still find most adult women far more threatening than most children but there is a significant difference in facing someone several inches shorter than you are and someone about an inch shorter.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Having seen a few MMA things,the no holds bared things..I would not count some women as helpless for sure.

Just from watching a few of them...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          It occurs to me that the argument I was gonna go with bases off my sister and she is several inches above the average height (which leaves her reach about on par with mine). I'd still find most adult women far more threatening than most children but there is a significant difference in facing someone several inches shorter than you are and someone about an inch shorter.
                          It's often a personal thing actually... I'm just over a foot (12 inches; 30cm) shorter than Mr Penry.
                          Mind you, he says he's terrified of me...

Comment

He might not want to eat poisoned munchies is all

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I always loved the scene in "Something to Talk About" where an older relative gives Julia Roberts' character a recipe to poison her cheating husband with!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                He might not want to eat poisoned munchies is all
                                Well, there is that too, I suppose!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                                I always loved the scene in "Something to Talk About" where an older relative gives Julia Roberts' character a recipe to poison her cheating husband with!
                                Oh, it's easier than you think!

Comment

Working...
                                X