Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting at U.S. Capitol Complex in D.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting at U.S. Capitol Complex in D.C.

http://nj1015.com/shots-fired-at-u-s...er-in-custody/
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: Shooting at U.S. Capitol Complex in D.C.

Stop all this crap people,enough already!!!!!
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Prepare yourself for yet another barrage of pro and anti gun stuff. Although I'm curious to find out how the person got one in there. So much for all the $$ spent on state of the art security.
      sigpic

Comment

Just imagine - one man with a gun can cause so much BS. Why is it they seem to pick places that are "gun free zones"?
        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

The latest I heard is that the guy was previously arrested for interrupting a House of Representatives meeting yelling that he was a prophet of God. He's a white male in his 60's from Tennessee.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
            Just imagine - one man with a gun can cause so much BS. Why is it they seem to pick places that are "gun free zones"?
            Because everywhere else that has gun control has massive waves of gun violence. I know that here and in the UK, where gun control is strict and most people don't have guns, people are being shot in the streets all the time. Criminals run rampant and no one can defend themselves.

*eye roll*

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              Because everywhere else that has gun control has massive waves of gun violence.
              An argument can be made.

2015 Paris Attacks

Uiryeong massacre in South Korea

2011 Norway Attacks

All significantly worse than any individual event that happened in the US, and all from nations with strict gun laws.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

And all of which are so totally shocking because mass shootings are incredibly rare here.

I'm not saying the European model is the answer to gun problems in the US. It's a totally different culture and there are different attitudes to guns. But to say that no one can ever be safe unless the population is armed is frankly stupid.

Comment

It's also unfair and a bit disingenuous to think of the US as one country for the purposes of comparing crime rates, unless you are talking about Russia or China. In terms of geographical area and population it is more comparable to the EU as a whole.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Fair enough. We do tend to forget that state laws can differ a lot more than laws do within states here.

I'd say that Russia and China are also hard to compare as single units, because they are so big and have more diverse populations than most people think.

Comment

What is the most sad to me is that I have seen this thread in "New Topics" for several days in a row now, and not really been interested in opening, because shootings have become so frequent now that they are just part of daily life.

The actual shooting is not really that big a story anymore. It's the desensitization towards it happening everywhere all the time that should be the story.

Comment

It's sad that there's so much violence, gun or other. I don't know what can be done to change that, other than not to commit acts of violence myself.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          It's sad that there's so much violence, gun or other. I don't know what can be done to change that, other than not to commit acts of violence myself.
                          Same problem here...
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I wish we could somehow move past violence. I don't know how, either, though.

Comment

For some reason,this is a human thing,except for where some wolves killed a lot of moose I think for it seems "FUN"

Story here.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X