Satanic proselytizing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satanic proselytizing?!

GUYS Listen! I have like, the best idea. Here in France, and specially in poor neighborhoods (like mine) (and when I say poor, I mean poor for France standards. Frankly I live like a king in comparison to how I was back in Venezuela) Jehovah's Witnesses are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. They're not annoying though. They rarely engage people. They just stand there with their little carts full of pamphlets. They stand usually near bus stops.

SO I had the HILARIOUS idea of buying a black button-up shirt, dress pants and shoes, with perhaps a bright red tie or bow-tie, make some pamphlets myself with standard satanic literature (probably random stuff from the Satanic Bible or maybe Diane Vera's stuff) and just engage people in the street with phrases like "Excuse me, have you got a couple of minutes to talk about Satan?", or "Do you know who Satan is?" and even "Do you know what Satan has done for you?". Watch reactions, hilarity ensured.

However, I do post this in the Practice and Techniques section for a reason. In fact, I'm hoping I will be able to get a few serious conversations. This means I will have to present my own beliefs and philosophy to someone else, perhaps with a pseudo "trying to convince you" kind of vocabulary. All of this in order to force me to better understand my own philosophy, identify flaws which my interlocutor will hopefully point out. I believe this experience will be not only hilarious, but will greatly help me advance in my own path by teaching me to better defend (and thus understand) my own beliefs, and will also help myself progress if I ever find myself with something I am unable to defend. I know, I am sure I have ideas which are "wrong" so to speak, and this might help them sort them out.

What do you do to test your own faith and knowledge of your own religion? What do you do to progress, advance, evolve inside your own path? How do you improve what you believe in?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Re: Satanic proselytizing?!

I say that awesome.

Comment

Only this Sean,with the atmosphere right now in France and Belgium,you might want to avoid any public displays. Just because people might go all weird about different beliefs,
      At least until the frenzy over the "acts of terror" are resolved..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What do you do to test your own faith and knowledge of your own religion? What do you do to progress, advance, evolve inside your own path? How do you improve what you believe in?
        I join forums like this. I talk to people who are not of my belief system. Which is pretty much everyone on the planet. The more I just interact, the more I realize I'm on the right path for me. I used to be a big reader in Satanism to get the gist of what it was all about. It will be 30 years come this October that I will have been a LaVeyan Satanist. I improve by living that philosophy. After some time you have to take off the training wheels and step out of school and just be it. The 30 years has calmed any fears I have. And when confronted I just giggle. Because it's 30 years. I'm quite comfortable with being challenged. I do like Drake and brush it off (unless of course I find the information useful. Then I squirrel it away!)
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
          SO I had the HILARIOUS idea of buying a black button-up shirt, dress pants and shoes, with perhaps a bright red tie or bow-tie, make some pamphlets myself with standard satanic literature (probably random stuff from the Satanic Bible or maybe Diane Vera's stuff) and just engage people in the street with phrases like "Excuse me, have you got a couple of minutes to talk about Satan?", or "Do you know who Satan is?" and even "Do you know what Satan has done for you?". Watch reactions, hilarity ensured.
          Be careful with this, because people are prone to violence when it comes to Satanism and similar beliefs. The Greater Church of Lucifer is a prime example of vandalism and violence, where a group of people threw bricks through the window of the GCOL in Texas within weeks of their grand opening. A local Anarchist bookstore I volunteered at had a brick thrown through their window, causing them to be shut down permanently (apparently it wasn't the first time). People are afraid and that fear causes violence. With that said, go for it, just be aware that people can be dangerous.

I am very open about my beliefs, even if a bit disordered at times, wearing them, sometimes literally, on my sleeves (clothes and skin). I am a nice person and like to give people a warm smile, and when Christians want to give me a pamphlet, I kindly say no, smile, and continue on my way. A lot of friends of mine disagree with my Left-Hand Path ideals out of ignorance (rather than hatred) but me being me is why we get along, because I realize that they are my beliefs, not hard facts of everyone's personal lives, or the way the world works. My beliefs are in constant flux because I see them as just stories we tell ourselves to survive in social structures of conformity and subjugation.

I do my best to constantly learn from reading, observing people, and expressing myself through various means of art.

Comment

They do say that the best way to learn something is to try explaining it to some-one else. Will anyone actually talk to you, though? In the UK people usually steer a wide path round the JWs! I must admit I'm too lazy to produce the literature, too mean to print lots of leaflets, and too shy to set up a stall.

One piece of advice: don't try this in a neighbourhood with Muslims. An Ahmadi has just been murdered by a Sunni in Scotland for praising Christianity on his web site; of course, the fact that he identified as an Ahmadi didn't help. I don't want to read your obituary!

Comment

I'm far too new to be 'testing', that is, I don't really know what I'd be testing exactly.

I am also very occupied with college work, and can't concentrate when reading for spiritual nourishment and cannot afford books.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to ask you, though, if you could summarize theistic Satanism. I've never come across someone who actually is and so I would like to know who is Satan to you? Is he figurative or independently conscious? etc
              I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
              Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
              But that day you know I left my money
              And I thought of you only
              All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMcCann View Post
                They do say that the best way to learn something is to try explaining it to some-one else. Will anyone actually talk to you, though? In the UK people usually steer a wide path round the JWs! I must admit I'm too lazy to produce the literature, too mean to print lots of leaflets, and too shy to set up a stall.

One piece of advice: don't try this in a neighbourhood with Muslims. An Ahmadi has just been murdered by a Sunni in Scotland for praising Christianity on his web site; of course, the fact that he identified as an Ahmadi didn't help. I don't want to read your obituary!
                Oddly as a Satanist I've only been harassed by one religion. The Christian one.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Oddly as a Satanist I've only been harassed by one religion. The Christian one.
                  I've only been harassed by Christians, mainly when I was Christian.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Only this Sean,with the atmosphere right now in France and Belgium,you might want to avoid any public displays. Just because people might go all weird about different beliefs,
                    At least until the frenzy over the "acts of terror" are resolved..
                    Meh, honestly people are not that frenzied over what's been happening. But yeah I know, thanks for the heads up :P
                    Originally posted by THANK... View Post
                    Be careful with this, because people are prone to violence when it comes to Satanism and similar beliefs. The Greater Church of Lucifer is a prime example of vandalism and violence, where a group of people threw bricks through the window of the GCOL in Texas within weeks of their grand opening. A local Anarchist bookstore I volunteered at had a brick thrown through their window, causing them to be shut down permanently (apparently it wasn't the first time). People are afraid and that fear causes violence. With that said, go for it, just be aware that people can be dangerous.
                    Frenchies are usually Ok with these kinds of stuff. They are more open than many people actually. Many frenchies are non religious and we are amongst the most atheistic and tolerant countries when it comes to religion.

Originally posted by DavidMcCann View Post

Sure, people here are actually really curious. And I'm not afraid. Don't think I will be in any kind of trouble.

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                    I'm far too new to be 'testing', that is, I don't really know what I'd be testing exactly.

I am also very occupied with college work, and can't concentrate when reading for spiritual nourishment and cannot afford books.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to ask you, though, if you could summarize theistic Satanism. I've never come across someone who actually is and so I would like to know who is Satan to you? Is he figurative or independently conscious? etc
                    Sure, I can respond to you in a PM

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I discuss ideas of spirituality with other people, pagans being the most for me useful to have conversations with, but I'll talk about spirituality with anyone. I review what I think about and feel, and if it's still working for me. I read and research different religions. I watch videos by pagans on youtube, and read blogs. Etc. If you're not learning, you're dead.
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Careful talking religion with people who are Fanastical concerning their personal Jesus,or haysus,or what ever....
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                          This is a good place to get answers: http://theisticsatanism.com/index.html

Comment

Working...
                          X