X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SFSU Campus Employee Assaults White Sudent for Cultural Appropriation

It's hair.

Get over it.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

To me saying that the dreadlocks style belong to a certain race is being racist.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Does this mean I can't wear my paisley tie because, before being named for a town in England, it was a design from the much abused colony of India?

Should Americans be allowed to play chess, or backgammon?
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You know, the backlash against cultural appropriation of clothing and fashion is one of those things that I just can't understand. We've always had a lot of influence from different cultures when it comes to clothing (if we didn't, we wouldn't be wearing cotton), especially in the 20th century. I get why it's not appropriate to wear a full-on Native American head dress or a geisha costume, but I do -not- understand what's wrong with wearing a feather in your hair or a piece made out of Chinese-embroidered silk (both things I've seen people get up in arms about). Do we not get to express any creativity? And if so, where's the line? Do we cut out all things not from our culture? If so, what happens to tacos and Thai food? We don't live in a bubble, and even if we're the people in the position of privilege, it's hard not to draw influence from the rest of the world and especially from people around us.

Comment

This is the root of the problem here:

Identity politics and liberal regressivism.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
              You know, the backlash against cultural appropriation of clothing and fashion is one of those things that I just can't understand...
              Well, DanieMarie, what you fail to grasp is this: there was a single golden point in history when everything was perfect, there was a place for everything, and everything was in it's place, and the gods were satisfied.

Then, along came white men, and f'd it all up by moving around...

Nah - forget it. Even a fungus wouldn't fall for that line of crap.

(But people do. Why is that?)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
              This is the root of the problem here: Identity politics and liberal regressivism.
              Oh goody. I get to answer my own question.

The root of the problem is "divide and conquer" - the more people with legitimate gripes against authority can be divided into smaller and smaller factions pitted against each other, the more blind they are to the actual forces that are treating them like pawns, toys, and blow-up dolls.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

So,if an American Black,wears a dashiki(an African garment) not African American because they have not been born in Africa(Except Trevor Noah,who is from South Africa,he is an actual African American) is that appropriation? Not trying to start stuff,just wondering. Everything is taken from some where..a FRENCH beret..a french FRY..an Italian Pizza..French Toast...Belgian waffles...French dressing...Russian dressing.....English muffins...Tex/Mex....Canadian Bacon.....you get the picture I hope...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That girl is wearing jeans (invented by whites, white culture) and her friend is wearing a trench coat (invented by whites during the world war, and then appropriated by the New Romantics subculture, white culture). I think they should cut these probably quite expensive clothes up. Fair's fair.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

The problem when people act like this is it goes to fund the Conservative narrative of colleges as liberal brainwashing centers and their anti-education agenda. There is a problem in the liberal mainstream with massive outrage over petty things to the point of silencing opposing views. However, education is the remedy and not the aggressor in this.

Or my college just forgot sign me up for Left Wing Indoctrination and Petty Outrage 101.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                      The problem when people act like this is it goes to fund the Conservative narrative of colleges as liberal brainwashing centers and their anti-education agenda. There is a problem in the liberal mainstream with massive outrage over petty things to the point of silencing opposing views. However, education is the remedy and not the aggressor in this.

Or my college just forgot sign me up for Left Wing Indoctrination and Petty Outrage 101.
                      It saddens me that, as a Labour member in the UK, this is seen as a Left issue, and Left has come to mean walking on egg shells to younger generations. I refuse to kowtow to such demands and no fool who wishes to oppose controversial debate is going to tell me I'm not Left wing for it. Universities should inherently not be a 'safe' place, intellectually. Yea, of course, people should be safe from idiots who don't recognize sexual consent, but nobody should be refused from debate at a university as long as it's relevant.
                      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                      But that day you know I left my money
                      And I thought of you only
                      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

The problem is not any of that. It's snotty kids who think they are adults because they go to
                        'college'. Sorry you are still in school. Stahp.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yeh,get a little real life bumps and scrapes before you start with the "you should's" to others. If you have never had road rash,get out of the way of those who have..
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah these are the same 'social warriors' who want to fight about feminism by not shaving their pits and demanding everyone accept that when no one is looking at your pits. Or the same that cry I'm BEING
                            OPPRESSED and do this while posting their pic to IG with a Starbucks in their hand.

Sometimes I really hate snotty college kids more than teens. Then I realize they haven't probably filed a tax return. Life will set their priorities straight soon enough.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                              the Conservative narrative of colleges as liberal brainwashing centers and their anti-education agenda.
                              I couldn't possibly imagine where the got that idea from. That is such an absurd idea. Slander and lies, surely.

There is a problem in the liberal mainstream with massive outrage over petty things to the point of silencing opposing views. However, education is the remedy and not the aggressor in this.
                              The problem is not with the liberal mainstream, not really. It's with liberal extremism that is allowed to thrive because no one challenges their views. The problem is that colleges are overwhelmingly liberal, and are becoming increasingly hostile toward conservative viewpoints.

That is not me blaming liberals or liberalism, that is me blaming the lack of diversity. There is nothing in this world that cannot be taken too far, extremism is a human issue that affects everything. Any idea can be perverted into something hideous.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Why would college institutions be hostile to conservative viewpoints when mainstream conservatism is hostile to science, educational funding, diversity, and the largest source of political propaganda in this country?

Comment

Working...
                                X