"Hugs For Frank"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hugs For Frank"

Apparently, this incident has gone viral/international. A cashier at a Walmart in MO was fired for price-matching and hugging customers. He has some brain damage from an accident in his youth and has been with Walmart almost 20 years. There's going to be a rally tomorrow morning. Have any of you heard of this other than from me?

A social media stir has whipped up around a West Plains purveyor of hugs and smiles after his employment with Walmart on Preacher Roe Boulevard came to an abrupt end three weeks short of his 20th …
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: "Hugs For Frank"

I did see it on Google News..

- - - Updated - - -

I think Walmart should be ashamed...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Apparently, it made the news in Germany! http://www.spiegel.de/karriere/beruf...a-1086018.html
      sigpic

Comment

I see in my magic crystal ball a Walmart Manager looking for a NEW job,cause under the bus if it is bad publicity..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I see in my magic crystal ball a Walmart Manager looking for a NEW job,cause under the bus if it is bad publicity..
          I don't know. This is an odd little rabbit-hole area. People talk smack about boycotting Walmart but they really can't do so 100% without spending lots of money and time to go elsewhere, as there isn't much else within an hour or so. We'll see how it plays out after the flames die down and Frank gets another job somewhere else. I got a hug from Frank just a couple of weeks ago!
          sigpic

Comment

I have no idea about back woods kind of places,Ozarks right?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I have no idea about back woods kind of places,Ozarks right?
              Yes - it's a "Wander 5 minutes out of town and you start hearing banjos" kind of back woods.
              sigpic

Comment

Do not make me find the sound track..oh wait,to late.

- - - Updated - - -

I myself prefer this tune.

Love the movie too

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Better yet, watch the movie "Winter's Bone". It's an Ozark extravaganza.

Anyway! I'm curious to see how much fire this Hugs For Frank movement hangs on to. The rally is tomorrow - I'll update.
                  sigpic

Comment

I will look forward to updates

- - - Updated - - -

There is this little story where Walmart had to pay 31 million to a fired worker.
                    Story here.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      Better yet, watch the movie "Winter's Bone". It's an Ozark extravaganza.
                      I saw that. It was one of the most dismal movies I've seen.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        I saw that. It was one of the most dismal movies I've seen.
                        The author of the book, Daniel Woodrell, is from the same town as Frank.
                        sigpic

Comment

The author of the book, Daniel Woodrell, is from the same town as Frank.
                          In northern Michigan, one looks at the lovely trees and thinks " Must be nice to live there!"

But Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was right:

“Are they not fresh and beautiful?” I cried with all the enthusiasm of a man fresh from the fogs of Baker Street.

But Holmes shook his head gravely.

“Do you know, Watson,” said he, “that it is one of the curses of a mind with a turn like mine that I must look at everything with reference to my own special subject. You look at these scattered houses, and you are impressed by their beauty. I look at them, and the only thought which comes to me is a feeling of their isolation and of the impunity with which crime may be committed there.”

“Good heavens!” I cried. “Who would associate crime with these dear old homesteads?”

“They always fill me with a certain horror. It is my belief, Watson, founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.”

“You horrify me!”

“But the reason is very obvious. The pressure of public opinion can do in the town what the law cannot accomplish. There is no lane so vile that the scream of a tortured child, or the thud of a drunkard’s blow, does not beget sympathy and indignation among the neighbours, and then the whole machinery of justice is ever so close that a word of complaint can set it going, and there is but a step between the crime and the dock. But look at these lonely houses, each in its own fields, filled for the most part with poor ignorant folk who know little of the law. Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser.
                          The shit that goes on around here is, literally, beyond belief.

What we don't have here is much in the way of street crime. But the generational illness within families is so disturbing. That old joke about hillbillies and their sisters has more truth than is comfortable.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

The shit that goes on around here is, literally, beyond belief.

What we don't have here is much in the way of street crime. But the generational illness within families is so disturbing. That old joke about hillbillies and their sisters has more truth than is comfortable.
                            Oh, yeah! Here, you can drive down dirt roads and see some ramshackle trailers with sagging porches and tarp roofs, and just as you think to yourself, that must be abandoned, out tumbles a family of 14 with maybe as many teeth all told, followed by six or seven hound dogs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, yeah! Here, you can drive down dirt roads and see some ramshackle trailers with sagging porches and tarp roofs, and just as you think to yourself, that must be abandoned, out tumbles a family of 14 with maybe as many teeth all told, followed by six or seven hound dogs.

Yup - here, the highways and tourists came in in the lare 70s, so things have changed in 40-odd years, somewhat. But where you are... I shudder...

Couple of towns over, bunch of hillbillies decided that a couple of tourists were getting too friendly with the local wimmin, so they entertained themselves by bashing the tourist's heads in with bats and fed them to pigs.

The "disappearance" went unsolved for 10 years, 'cause anybody who knew anything was to scared (due to their houses being burned and their dogs turning up headless on their porches) to say anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X