Memberships to Organizations Such As AFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memberships to Organizations Such As AFA

Some within our community may be aware of organizations such as the Asatru Folk Assembly, The Rune Guild, and countless others. I would love to hear some personal insight as to your opinions of some of these groups.
    I am not even 100% certain that the Rune Guild is still operational. I have sent a couple email inquiries as to their existence in the past months to no response. As for the Asatru Folk Assembly, you must pay a monthly fee to join their ranks. This seems slightly fishy to me.
    Do you have any correlations, or connections within groups like these, and if so, what have you gained from your involvement.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: Memberships to Organizations Such As AFA

I never got involved in any Heathen organizations due to the White Supremacy issue. Plus, I wouldn't join any religious group that asked me to pay a monthly fee.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      I never got involved in any Heathen organizations due to the White Supremacy issue. Plus, I wouldn't join any religious group that asked me to pay a monthly fee.
      Many of these groups have condemned any bigotry towards race, gender, or sexual orientation. Saying all Heathens are white supremacists is like saying all Muslims are terrorists. We, within my own troth, are still battling this negative connotation of us, and I'd very much appreciate if you were to eradicate that assumption from your thought process.

But yes, the fee is quite fishy. Donations are fine on the other hand.

Now one for organizations such as Woodharrow, $100 a year grants you access to hundreds of lectures on topics of Runology, Germania, and other Heathen topics brought to you by Edred Thorrson. This is something I've been looking into.
      - Finn's Saga

Comment

Yeah, I didn't say that. I am speaking from my own experiences. If you want to pretend something doesn't exist that's your own prerogative. Sorry, for answering your question.

Comment

This thread is not a debate into the fabrics of the use of Heathenism to justify ones racist or bigoted political ideologies over a ethnic, or religious people. Those who do use our gods for the soul purpose of the ladder are not true Heathens, and are continuously shunned by our wider community. I'm not sure which groups you are referring to, but I can assure you they are no kin to any real movement within our lines.
          - Finn's Saga

Comment

You're right. It's not a debate. I said why I didn't associate with many Heathen groups anymore and why. And that's all there is to it.

Comment

Calm down, boys.

NA, you asked for experiences and opinions. TPM gave his. Accept it and move on. You don't need to be pursuing this particular argument unless you want me shutting you down.

Comment

Working...
              X