Al Jazeera going off the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Jazeera going off the air

With Al Jazeera off the air, how will we get news - I mean, news other than what celebreties are up to, and other than the same 10 stories told in the same 10 ways by the 4 other news broadcasters?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Al Jazeera going off the air

I would have helped a LOT if when they came to Cable they would have been part of basic cable like CNN an MSNBC and FOX,but NOOOOOO,they were extra..

- - - Updated - - -

Then after we got to watch them,maybe we would have been ok with paying..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What a shame. They do a lot of great investigative reports. I guess there will always be the online option.

Comment

Why?

To be fair they were just a Middle East centric BBC. Everyone has their boas. But they gave different insights and voices, often into worlds that other media outlets never cover, positively or negatively.
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Is it just their TV stuff, or also their print/online?

Because they covered some excellent stuff that the "mainstream" media ignored.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            Is it just their TV stuff, or also their print/online?

Because they covered some excellent stuff that the "mainstream" media ignored.
            They will still be on-line, so there is that. It does mean that people will have to seek it out, so there's that, also.

The Arabic-sounding name puts some people off, I'm afraid, and so some people imagine that there is nothing there for them - but there is. There's that "other perspective" that is so valuable.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
            X