Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Grammar, Spelling, Wording, etc. Matter in Spells, Rituals, etc.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Grammar, Spelling, Wording, etc. Matter in Spells, Rituals, etc.?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I read this correctly, saw the lemon, thought 'why is there a lemon?' And then realized the joke.

*is dumb

Mostly art.

Comment

It is a subtle joke is all.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Took me a while though
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

That sort of misreading can actually happen. Years ago some-one asked me about the angel Offied: I finally worked out it was Cassiel in 16th century English handwriting. It reminded me of that poem by Robert Graves that ends "It's an old story - f's for s's - but good enough for them, the suckers."

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMcCann View Post
            That sort of misreading can actually happen. Years ago some-one asked me about the angel Offied: I finally worked out it was Cassiel in 16th century English handwriting. It reminded me of that poem by Robert Graves that ends "It's an old story - f's for s's - but good enough for them, the suckers."
            That's brilliant!

Comment

Kronk understands misunderstanding of spells.

waits to see who gets it
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Kronk understands misunderstanding of spells.

waits to see who gets it
                Does this have a reference of The Emperor's New School?
                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I think it depends on the how you word it and the intent. Referring to commas, etc... I really don't think that matters. Just be clear when you are writing your spell and think it out. No one expects us to be English professors. I would hope not at least.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I don't know. Commas are pretty important in some ways

daily_picdump_550_640_09-300x206.jpg
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Good question. I would say it depends on one's perspective and attitude toward what they're doing. I might be biased, being a bit of an English nerd, but personally, believing that language is important, I suppose I see writing well as a sort of devotion. However, if grammar and whatnot are not that important to you, then it may not matter. I must say that when I see people typing in text speak and disregarding practically every rule of grammar (using zero capitalization, zero punctuation, and so forth), I have to question how seriously I can take them. On the other hand, shorthand can be very helpful at times.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        Good question. I would say it depends on one's perspective and attitude toward what they're doing. I might be biased, being a bit of an English nerd, but personally, believing that language is important, I suppose I see writing well as a sort of devotion. However, if grammar and whatnot are not that important to you, then it may not matter. I must say that when I see people typing in text speak and disregarding practically every rule of grammar (using zero capitalization, zero punctuation, and so forth), I have to question how seriously I can take them. On the other hand, shorthand can be very helpful at times.
                        I agree with this. When looking for a roommate, if you can't express to me your thoughts by email succinctly, with correct grammar and punctuation, I probably won't consider you to live with.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          I don't know. Commas are pretty important in some ways

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4806[/ATTACH]

Well that's true, but I don't think the deities are going to care if you are the best at spelling or not. As long as you know what you are saying, then I think that is all that matters. That's just my opinion though. I understand what you're saying Masked One.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            I agree with this. When looking for a roommate, if you can't express to me your thoughts by email succinctly, with correct grammar and punctuation, I probably won't consider you to live with.
                            Back in the 'swinging' sixties, I actually saw an advert that read:

Guy with preg chick seeks pad

*facepalm*

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              Back in the 'swinging' sixties, I actually saw an advert that read:

Guy with preg chick seeks pad

*facepalm*
                              Oh goodness, that could be interpreted in several ways. ("Was she leaking?") Hahahaha.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                              X