Sun Burn Relief Remedies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Burn Relief Remedies?

I got a little torched today on the 1st grade field trip at the state park...

So I'm sitting here slathered in Noxema. After I rinse, I'll spritz with some lavender and calendula infused witch hazel.

What do you do when you get solar crispied?

(and yes, I used sunscreen AND reapplied, after all, prevention IS the best medicine...but the vitiligo just doesn't care)
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Sun Burn Relief Remedies?

Spray on some unfiltered ACV (Apple cider vinegar) works great or Chilled milk compresses. Drink lots of water

Comment

Have you tried the aloe vera gel? If you don't have an actual plant, you can pick up the real thing like at a vitamin shop or even CVS. It's great when it's cold too.

Gawd, Noxema. That takes me back. My mom would put a tub of that in the fridge before we left for the beach and I got cooked like a lobster. That stuff sizzled on me.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It was a paste made of bicarbonate of soda for all burns when I was young. Or just cold water.
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I use aloe vera lotion or gel on it. But usually cool it off with cold water first. Just keeping a wet towel or something on it for a while can help too.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Aloe is more of a second day thing for me. I keep chunks of my plant in the freezer...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X