Hide or Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hide or Leave

Are there areas near yours with smaller waiting lists that would let you stay close but get in some where faster?

Comment

You deserve better, Habbs. Your mum is playing passive aggressive here - I don't want you to leave BUT you must do as I say or I will chuck you out.
      Start plotting. Start planning. And please - for your own sanity - go. Maybe not now. Maybe not even this year. But you need to get away.
      And good luck!
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
        Are there areas near yours with smaller waiting lists that would let you stay close but get in some where faster?
        It's not even staying close that's an issue for me. I wouldn't mind living half hour plus away. It's more that I can't afford it. I haven't found anything yet save for said place with the waiting list, and a group home for people with severe mental illnesses (I apparently qualify because I'm in therapy for clinical depression, but I don't need or want to live in a setting like that. I actually prefer to be alone).

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        You deserve better, Habbs. Your mum is playing passive aggressive here - I don't want you to leave BUT you must do as I say or I will chuck you out.
        Start plotting. Start planning. And please - for your own sanity - go. Maybe not now. Maybe not even this year. But you need to get away.
        And good luck!
        I've been thinking more about this, and I'm kind of fearing how deep this rabbit hole will go. Maybe I should just go somewhere--anywhere--before I have to hide or get rid of more of myself.
        “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post

I've been thinking more about this, and I'm kind of fearing how deep this rabbit hole will go. Maybe I should just go somewhere--anywhere--before I have to hide or get rid of more of myself.
          I think deep down this is the problem. The problem with bullies is that no matter how hard you try not to offend, you can never make yourself small enough or insignificant enough for them. If you managed to make yourself invisible they would start moaning 'Where are you when I need you?'
          Don't expect to move out overnight. Start plotting. Planning. Crying out for help. Find somewhere to live. Even if you have to move into a totally different area eventually.
          And the best way to cope is to think of it as a great adventure. And good luck! :-)
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Normally I'd go the "family is family, suck it up and listen to her." route. But this is a specifically tough situation. If she literally believes an all powerful god is testing her obedience in an Abraham style fashion, I don't know how much reasoning can be done. Next week god will tell her to not let you go look up pagan things, week after that you have to go to church or your out, week after that you have to get baptised or your out. If she actually thinks god is testing her and she really believes in him (Not saying YHWH isn't real or that he doesn't test people.) then this could go pretty far. Find another pad at any cost, your spirituality should not suffer at the expense of hers at all. If she can't deal with the 'whole' you, she shouldn't have the gift of experiencing the some of you she is trying to keep or whatever. Ditch, ditch hard. Good luck.

PS. I realized I'm late so I hope this last month went well.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I realize I'm late to this too. I just wanted to tell you to keep your chin up and ride the wave of "weird." Sometimes things can work out in time (sometimes not), and the only constant in the universe is Change itself.

That being said, because of your specific situations, it's really going to come down to your preferences as to which decisions you make in life. Is it better to you to minimize the presence of your spiritual tools or to live in a space that may be safer than low income housing? I don't know how safe you feel your current housing situation is, if you have any plans in the works for improving that situation or finding different accommodations, etc... I also don't know how important it is for you to have a permanent altar and stored herbs. They're all things you'll have to consider for yourself, their importance and how far you are willing to go to preserve those things (or if you're willing to make sacrifices).

Is there an option for you to take your practice outdoors? Keep a portable altar and go to a park or a more appropriate place for your spiritual needs? Do you have a vehicle you could store things in? Have you considered a "minimalist" altar that can be as simple as a rock, a candle, a cup of water, etc... ?

Sometimes it takes a crisis moment to make you take stock of your full situation, your personal limitations, preferences, and all your current and potential options for improving your situation.

I hope things have calmed down for you since this thread was initially created.

Comment

Working...
              X