Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Moral Codes do you stand by?

Treat all life with reverence.
    Accept responsibility for your own actions and allow others to do the same.
    Exercise your mind, body and spirit to keep them strong.
    Defend life, your own or others.
    The physical is temporary, live it to the fullest of your ability.
    The only restrictions you have are your own.
    All things are possible, even if everything is not.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I go out of my way not to litter. Very out of my way. I hate people that throw trash on the ground. I think that's my one, inflexible moral code.

If you dump trash your ass should be taken to the dump, permanently.

Comment

Morals don't make much sense to me, personally. I know what they are, It's just odd.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
          Morals don't make much sense to me, personally. I know what they are, It's just odd.
          Are you aware of your own, EC?

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
            Are you aware of your own, EC?
            In a way. It's still pretty odd. I try to go by certain things, like if I'm going to go to prison(or jail) then what's the point of doing it? If I get caught, that is. It doesn't make sense to me at all. It probably has something to do with my lack of conscience. I try to go by what my parents taught me but it doesn't work for me because hurting people and breaking the law doesn't cause me personal issues or make me feel bad.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I don't think I have a moral code as such. I just weigh up every decision, every interaction and every action, in the moment based on the information available to me. I don't necessarily act the same way in similar situations. I can be downright selfish and insensitive, and have a small social circle as a result. At the same time, I can be unnaturally sensitive and kind.

The only time I'm consistent in my behaviour is when the recipient is non-human. I'll fish a fly out of the toilet bowl with a piece of tissue if I see it struggling, and I'll use the tissue to help it to dry off, watching it right until it flies away. For some reason, saving something so tiny and I guess, so pointless, makes me feel powerful. It's like I'm able to do something that the gods can't. I can intervene in the life and death of a creature far smaller than I am.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                In a way. It's still pretty odd. I try to go by certain things, like if I'm going to go to prison(or jail) then what's the point of doing it?
                Honestly this is what keeps my violent streak in check. I want to kill a lot of people. Especially those with perpetual left/right blinker syndrome. And I just don't because...jail. Seriously. Only reason so many of you out there in the world live. I just don't want to do time in the pokey.

And to be really honest, most of us probably feel this exact way.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I believe in the Golden Rule. I think that I have a duty to myself and others to have some sort of moral code. I'm not perfect. I tell lies every once in a while. But there is a point where you have to have some sort of morality in yourself. That's just my opinion though.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

1. Courage
                    2. Truth
                    3. Honor
                    4. Fidelity
                    5. Discipline
                    6. Hospitality
                    7. Self Reliance
                    8. Industriousness
                    9. Perseverance

Admittedly I have trouble with #s 5 and 8.

3. The Noble Eightfold Path of Buddhism:
                    1. Right view
                    2. Right intention
                    3. Right speech
                    4. Right action
                    5. Right livelihood
                    6. Right effort
                    7. Right mindfulness
                    8. Right concentration

Numbers 3 and 7 give me trouble.

4. A few of the Yamas and Niyamas of Hinduism. There are many more that I don't feel are applicable. They pertain to Hindu worship and ritual:
                    1. Ahiṃsā: nonviolence
                    2. Satya: truthfulness
                    3. Asteya: not stealing
                    4. Kṣamā: forgiveness [this one gives me a problem]
                    5. Dhṛti: fortitude
                    6. Dayā: compassion
                    7. Ārjava: non-hypocrisy, sincerity

There's a lot of overlap in all of these, which leads me to believe there are certain moral truths in almost every culture.
                    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

I'd say I follow the Rule of Three. I have recently joined ADF, and am learning about there ideas and values so right now I'll stick with the rule of three which is something I have followed for 12 years.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I don't really have any. Sure, there are some moral codes I follow, but not in a neat list. I would like to have one, though. Just to have something concrete rather than a pile of fuzzy, contradictory ideals. Maybe someday if I can get along with the idea of having a set of rules that are impossible to follow.

But ironically, I do find myself reflecting over the seven deadly sins every now and then.
                        baah.

Comment

I've never really established codified personal morals...

I'll have to think about it... I really like "Good thoughts, good words, good deeds." (It's from Zoroastrianism) But it's less a moral code and more the process for a goal.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X