Dumpster Diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dumpster Diving

I've never dumpster dived before. I don't think I would unless I absolutely needed to. However, I am not against it and I definitely don't think negatively of those who do so. I know there are people who are like 'Ugh, I can't believe they do that.' Each to their own.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Let me just say that I don't even like my food to touch on a plate...
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Funny what a person will do when hungry enough, and don't know where the next meal will come from...

Pizzas are often thrown away right in the box.

Rice looks too much like maggots.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Rice looks too much like maggots.
          This is why I know wild edibles.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Duce has just mentioned her 8 hour fast for medical tests...For most Americans that is a LONG time to not eat..some medical testing it is 12-24 hours.
            I think at those times(I have done them) what real hunger is..days and days of nothing at all to eat..push come to shove you would eat almost anything if it is long enough(Donner party hungry)

- - - Updated - - -

I was off on Duce's fast,it is 12 hours..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I've pulled books out of our paper recycle bin before. A lot of people leave furniture, household stuff and books on the street here, but that's with the intent that someone will take it. The garbage collectors don't take that stuff. I've taken some of that stuff, and I've got some good things that way (mostly books and plant pots).

We have these fridges here called "fair-teilers". They're part of a German food sharing website, and the website organizes volunteers to go around to supermarkets and collect food they're about to throw away. Then, they put it in the fridges and anyone can take it. I sometimes go there. There's always a lot of bread, because bakeries can't really sell it longer than one day. Anyway, the system keeps supermarkets from throwing away food and removes dumpster diving as a means of reducing food waste, so everyone wins. Unfortunately, the Berlin Senate isn't taking too kindly to the idea, so it's in jeopardy.

Comment

Working...
              X