Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Really,Texas..

Texas Secession Movement 2016: Lone Star State Republicans Vote To Leave The United States

Story here.

Think on this Texas,if the Mexicans decide to annex what once was theirs,you would not have Uncle Sam to call on to stop it. It is good to be part of a large country..
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

I dunno. I think that if I lived in the US, I'd want Texas to leave. They're a big and really powerful state full of conservatives, and they have a huge amount of influence on things like educational curriculum. They're sort of like Bayern is here. I'd also support Bayern's "leave" campaign if it gained any steam.

Comment

Didn't we have this debate once already? I seem to recall a minor fracas in the 1860s when a number of states tried secceding to guarantee their ability to abuse and enslave...

Maybe my memory is failing....
      "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
      ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

They're like the lone Japanese soldier hiding out in the woods who thinks WW2 is still going on.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Not really a chance of this going the distance.

But though some Texas Republicans may want to go it alone as a country, it’s not clear other Texans are clamoring for independence. A poll taken soon after Perry’s comments showed that 75 percent of Texas residents wanted to stay in the U.S. Thirty-one percent thought their state had the right to leave, but just 18 percent said they’d vote in favor of a secession, according to the Huffington Post.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

State's rights!

Comment

Is it that people don't read the constitution or is it that people just think it no longer applies?
              The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
              I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Before Texas was admitted to the USA, they actually tried to join the British Empire as a self-governing dominion. Imagine how that would have worked out! They were turned down because the British government felt that there was nothing in Texas worth shouldering the burden of protecting Texas against the Mexicans and the inevitable row with the USA.

Comment

Just ignore that article. There are a group of good ole boys who talk about annexing from the USA all the time. I have heard talk since I was a little girl. This is nothing new. Also Texas can't annex themselves. See we lost that privilege during this thing called The Civil War. These lovely gentlemen are a club of red neck men.. remind me of someone I see on a regular basis.. anyway we lasted nine years as our own country known as the Republic of Texas which I think contributes to our Texas pride. It is ingrained in us. There is no better place then Texas. No state more beautiful no state more "free". No we aren't perfect but we sure are damn proud of most of what our state has done. Sam Houston is the reason we joined the USA he worked tirelessly to see that we became a state because though we lasted nine years they were a hard nine years and he understood we would not continue to last as an independent country.

This crap pisses me off though because its idiots like this who give my state a bad name. We have lots of wonderful and beautiful things in Texas, we have some really great people who work really had and bust their ass, and those idiots up there give us ALL a bad name. Because do you think anyone remembers the good ones? No its the crack pots that they plaster all over the news they we remember. We are almost considered as bad as Florida.. no offense Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  I dunno. I think that if I lived in the US, I'd want Texas to leave. They're a big and really powerful state full of conservatives, and they have a huge amount of influence on things like educational curriculum. They're sort of like Bayern is here. I'd also support Bayern's "leave" campaign if it gained any steam.
                  We also aren't all conservatives in Texas, we do have pockets of liberals, and no you wouldn't want us to leave. I don't think we could hold ourselves indefinitely but we would die trying. Imagine another power country who does have all the nuclear war fare at their disposal invading and taking over Texas. Do you know how big Texas is compared to the rest of the USA. Do you want some other country right at its back door? No you don't, yes we have crazies but we aren't all crazies.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Each State has the right to secede from the union. That right was recognized in the founding of the united States and listed in the constitution as a protected right by the 10th amendment. Whether it is practical or doable for a single state is the real question. The war between the states only proved that Lincoln could violate the constitution and almost get away with it.
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Texas wants out (again)?
                      Bye Felicia!

10 minutes after secession oh dios mios, we got sucked up by Mexico! Viva the new Mexican state.
                      Come on.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Would we have to build another wall?
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

You could make an Offa.
                          Build a dyke...
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I love it when people talk about what they think the Constitution says without any evidence of such, and with total disregard for decisions the branch of government created in the Constitution for the expressed purpose of interpreting it have made in the commission of their duties. It's especially delightful when fundamentalist regard for such a document is undertaken with complete disregard to its historical context and the intentions of its authors.
                            “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                            ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                            ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                              Would we have to build another wall?
                              Let them secede and then they can pay for the wall!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X