Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas,Really? I ponder what Texus will do next?

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
    Really? Every animal and most plants on the planet have the means to defend themselves against their predators. Be it poison, chemical, tooth, claw, speed, flight or thought process. Even Oak trees have a chemical defense against the bugs that can attack and kill it. The oak tree, along with other trees can even communicate to other trees to begin to generate the chemical once the first is attacked. The right of self defense is inferred from nature. The right to property is also inferred from nature. Many animals including most primates and extending to the corals on reefs fight and kill over territory upon which to live. Animals exercise defense against animals that are to "personal" or investigate too closely to themselves which infers the freedom from search - you have undoubtedly seen dogs, bears and others become aggressive toward another sniffing too close. We exercise the same behavior over our persons and property - freedom from search and seizure.

Nature is the source of our rights because they exist throughout nature.
    That's a way to say it, but I think a more correct way of stating the same idea would be that we create and value certain things we call "rights" because of the our evolutionary history - which we share with other inhabitants of the earth, and so see similar behaviors.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I support any large culturally identifiable group within a larger nation having the right to secede if a vast majority of that group votes it in, that's democracy at work. I don't think Mexico would annex Texas by the way. 1. I have an odd feeling they'd lose or stalemate, the amount of texans that have guns and would resist an invasion, it's scary. 2. The UN and NATO are things. But yeah I say go for it, it's up to them.
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I've been looking into Texas' viability as an independent nation, and it's pretty fair. On par with most industrial nations, even accounting for the massive losses they'd take in the process.

This article even goes so far as to suggest it'd be a very successful and influential nation at that. One that has the capability and infrastructure to be a nuclear power.

I also came across another article that was very interesting, if only tangentially related, about america's growth over the next decade broken down by region.

Edit: Both from a few years ago.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

You know what would be great? If Texas did break apart and no longer be a part of the USA. Then when they wanted to I dunno, cross on over to New Mexico to pick up some good chili rojo, they would first have to get a passport to enter the USA. And the USA would be like nah.....It's the wall for you. Illegal immigrants not allowed.

I would die.
          Like right there.
          D.E.A.D.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Tourism is not the same as immigration though.

If you said something like "Texan workers can't get a visa because our immigration system doesn't work" then I'd be with you.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
              Tourism is not the same as immigration though.

If you said something like "Texan workers can't get a visa because our immigration system doesn't work" then I'd be with you.
              Question. After Texas bashes the shiznit out of Mexico, is it supposed to just be it's own country? I mean It's saying F U to the USA and FU to Mexico. It's a big state. But it's not a big country. What do Texans actually want to happen to the state? Like in practical terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                But it's not a big country.
                It's bigger than every country in the EU and half the countries in Africa. It ain't small either.

As for the rest, check out that first link I made. I can't speak for Texans, I've never been further south than Portland, but I assume it'd be to be independent. A sovereign nation.

Comment

It's bigger than every country in the EU and half the countries in Africa. It ain't small either.

As for the rest, check out that first link I made. I can't speak for Texans, I've never been further south than Portland, but I assume it'd be to be independent. A sovereign nation.
                  Well yes yes, it's big next countries in the EU. But being smacked up next to the USA and then down...it's kinda.....well if the USA wanted to bomb it, it could easily. Just saying.

Comment

well if the USA wanted to bomb it, it could easily. Just saying.
                    And Texas has potential nuclear capabilities and military installations comparable to any other world power. Plus, if the US wanted to bomb anything there's not a whole lot they can do to stop us. We could bomb a moon base if we wanted to. We could bomb ourselves if we wanted to.

Why would we want to? You seem to be assuming secession as something violent.

Comment

Are you guys working on a test war,just to see who could screw who...One thought about the flooding and really BAD storms that hit Texas...who is gonna take care of all that destruction and loss,if Texas was on its lonesome?
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

And Texas has potential nuclear capabilities and military installations comparable to any other world power. Plus, if the US wanted to bomb anything there's not a whole lot they can do to stop us. We could bomb a moon base if we wanted to. We could bomb ourselves if we wanted to.

Why would we want to? You seem to be assuming secession as something violent.
                        Are those resources the sole property of Texas or The United States of America?

Comment

Are those resources the sole property of Texas or The United States of America?
                          I said potential. They have the state and private owned infrastructure, as well as the materials and skilled labor to manufacture such things on their own. Every currently existing American military installation is property of the US military.

The nation of Texas would by necessity have to start out occupied by the US military, and substantially so.

Comment

The name "United States" becomes more of an oxymoron each day.
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Think on this,Europe is trying to become what we have been for almost forever.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'd hate to see the dis-United States fall into the kind of perpetual warfare that plagued the dis-united countries of Europe for most of their history, but people can be dumb, and generally fail to learn anything but facts from history.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X