No announcement yet.

Marvel Vetoed Female Villain in Iron Man 3 over Fears She Wouldn't Sell Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel Vetoed Female Villain in Iron Man 3 over Fears She Wouldn't Sell Toys

Make of this what you will.

Kinda quote.
    "All I'll say is this, on the record: There was an early draft of Iron Man 3 where we had an inkling of a problem. Which is that we had a female character who was the villain in the draft. We had finished the script and we were given a no-holds-barred memo saying that cannot stand and we've changed our minds because, after consulting, we've decided that toy won't sell as well if it's a female."

What say you Duce?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Marvel Vetoed Female Villain in Iron Man 3 over Fears She Wouldn't Sell Toys

They're not wrong. Toy companies are absolutely ridiculous about that kind of thing, and their hidebound ways probably would have cut directly into Marvel's bottom line. You see a lot of that kind of thing in merchandise driven media. Lots of problems like that happened with Transformers and MLP.

What the consumers want matters less than what the suits think they want... and what the creators want is barely even an afterthought.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Re: Marvel Vetoed Female Villain in Iron Man 3 over Fears She Wouldn't Sell Toys

Sadly super hero movies (and most huge big action/adventure movies) are made with the idea that the real money is in the merch being sold.

Frozen was great for girls.

Super heroes are great for boys.

But the tide is turning. Because as a 44 year old woman, I do occasionally shop down the boys toy section hunting wolverines.

Also the All New Wolverine comic series with X-23 and her awesome effed up defective clones is amazing. Gabbie is the young sweet totally psychotic little one. I adore her.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
      X