US nuclear force still uses floppy disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US nuclear force still uses floppy disks

The why has a lot to do with the way things are bought by government systems...always the low bidder,so at times the get incompatible systems..when I was on medicade many years back,my recert letter was sent to the wrong address,and it was cut off. I had to go to the office to get it back,they issued me a new card,BUT that did not work,so back to the office. The supervisor had to print out my data from one machine and re-enter it in another because the two systems did not "Talk" to each other because they were from different Companies. I was not at all surprised at the whole floppy thing.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My "important" stuff is written in notebooks, in my own personal shorthand. It all dies with me!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        My "important" stuff is written in notebooks, in my own personal shorthand. It all dies with me!
        That's the way it used to be for all your pagan / occult stuff in the not to distant past. Seems funny looking back on it now though. Such an effort to hide in plain sight while not standing out or revealing yourself. Being in the military and moving every 2 to 3 years normally I ended up loosing every one of them one way or another. The only existing copy I can think of is one a friend has that we both wrote in as we tried different things and recorded the results in both our handwriting. Even that is only a very short journal as he to lost most of the ones he had over time and the existing journal only covered a few weeks before I left Scotland.

I know some systems we used right up to the Y2K thing were old 8 inch floppies or 5 and / or 8 level punched tape feed processors. A few even used the old L cassettes which were bigger than a regular cassette tape and had sprocket holes about the size of the old VHS tapes. Y2K (Year 2,000 rollover) caused a lot of systems to either go off line and become standalone or be updated due to software.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
        X