uninvited drugging 1/13????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: uninvited drugging 1/13????

There's one I trust. One. I've known him since 1982-ish.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm not bitchy enough to put all men in a bad basket. I know way more good decent men than not. I trust many. But this is why when I say don't get drunk at parties girls. Don't invite unwanted attention when you are in a position to not defend it. Don't put yourself in risky situations, even when you have the full damn right to be however and whomever and wear whatever and drink how many you want. In this world, THIS very real world, you just can't. You can't do it. I want women to stop thinking they can just do whatever they want and not be at risk. That's not how this world operates. And I get tired of getting flack for giving real world advice about it. Ain't no one watching for you except you.

We tell little girls they can be whatever they want in this world.
      We can't tell them they will be safe by someone else's rules.
      That is a big fat evil lie.

YOUR little girls need to learn to get fangs. Or else.:=I:
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Shoot - I'm male, and a pretty decent one, but you better believe that my daughters got The Warning.

The world isn't what we'd like it to be, it just is.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

There was a story in google news about this 61 year old man,who caught this guy who attempted to rape his wife.and beat him to death.

Story here.

The guy is charged with man slaughter.

Personally,I would not charge the guy at all.(He beat the guy with a tire iron) The guy that got beat should not have tried to rape the guys wife,and got what he deserved.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Can't encourage or condone vigilanti justice, but he will most likely get probation in the end.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Everyone's pretty much in neutral with me until I get to know them. I give people a lotta rope and they choose to hang themselves or not.

ETA: Meanwhile, some young woman in a fb group I'm in is saying she wants to travel to another country to meet some guy she's been chatting with. He's supposedly paying for the trip and offering up a guest room. OMG.
              Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 31 May 2016, 15:47.
              sigpic

Comment

I was drugged when I was 19. It was NOT fun. I was so lucky that nothing happened to me.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's that low. It's happened to quite a few people I know (men too).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I'm not bitchy enough to put all men in a bad basket. I know way more good decent men than not. I trust many. But this is why when I say don't get drunk at parties girls. Don't invite unwanted attention when you are in a position to not defend it. Don't put yourself in risky situations, even when you have the full damn right to be however and whomever and wear whatever and drink how many you want. In this world, THIS very real world, you just can't. You can't do it. I want women to stop thinking they can just do whatever they want and not be at risk. That's not how this world operates. And I get tired of getting flack for giving real world advice about it. Ain't no one watching for you except you.

We tell little girls they can be whatever they want in this world.
                We can't tell them they will be safe by someone else's rules.
                That is a big fat evil lie.

YOUR little girls need to learn to get fangs. Or else.:=I:
                I think we should watch out for each other like those women did (I saw that on Facebook, too). When I got drugged, some women found me in the bathroom and put me in a cab. They knew something was wrong and they made sure I got home unharmed. I have no freaking clue who they were and I only remember flashbacks of it even happening, but those women are my heroes.

Comment

I never ran into this issue,but not just because I am a guy. I have,and had a HIGH tolerance for booze and drugs....back in the day I managed to function even on acid while going to city collage,and keeping a B average. I am very good at taking tests for some reason,even when I do not study a lot. I can scan a textbook very quickly(I guess speed reading,but not trained to) Just a querk of my brain I guess.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Yes, you SHOULD be able to toddle drunkenly down a dark alley nekkid except for a million dollars in diamonds glued to your naughty bits (not sure why you'd want to, but not the point)...but what you should be able to do and what you can actually do and remain unmolested are not the same.

Pragmatism, it's a thing.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I had a friend that was roofied in the military. This was a male soldier. It can happen to anyone. Everyone needs to be careful. We used to have briefings about watching our drinks.

The story got more messed up when our command pursued administrative action against him for popping hot for rufilin and a couple of other drugs he was given while he was out. He woke up on the side of a mountain and was taken to the hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        ?..Yes, you SHOULD be able to toddle drunkenly down a dark alley nekkid except for a million dollars in diamonds glued to your naughty bits (not sure why you'd want to, but not the point)...
                        Don't we all end up doing that at some point in our lives that we can barely remember?

Comment

Reminds me of my college days. (The alley/drunk/diamonds stuff, I mean)
                          Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 03 Jun 2016, 17:58.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hawkfeathers in the sky with diamomds!

Hawkfeathers in sky with diamonds!

(Imagine Willian Shatner singing that)

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              Hawkfeathers in the sky with diamomds!

Hawkfeathers in sky with diamonds!

(Imagine Willian Shatner singing that)
                              OMG I love it!

Seriously, we did some pretty crazy things in college, but we traveled in packs and our guy friends were the ultimate cool guys -and safe - a couple of the gay guys from the ballet company were usually around. So they weren't "interested" in us, but would kick butt if anyone tried any crap! Best of both worlds.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X