Thread: Memorial Day

May 2013
    Religion
    Shamanic Practitioner & Green / Hedge Witch with Hellenic leanings
    Phrase
    Can't never did nothing till it tried!

Re: Memorial Day

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
    All I know is that there is a lot of people at barbeques posting self righteously on Facebook about how this weekend is not about barbeques.
    Well if it's directed at me try and find me at a BBQ won't happen. Closest we had was Saturday when we celebrated my granddaughter's birthday the rest of the weekend I spend time reflecting upon things. Those I served with who died on active duty, those I served with who have since passed and maybe even raising a beer or drink to those who've gone over in remembrance of the time we spent together.

Though I also have to agree there are more than a few who practice the "Do as I say not as I do" method of things.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

To Monsno and all my other brothers alive and dead...This drinks for you guys...Remember all those who died to keep you free,and remember all those from WW2 who are old and a dieing breed.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain

Somewhat like Hunter S. Thompson who was called a gonzo Journalist,I consider myself to be something of a gonzo Pagan.

The wizard be in: But be warned if you poke him to much,the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized.

It is interesting that humans seem to believe that they are the crown of creation,until nature drops a house on them....Just saying....

I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort, coloring.

Trust lost,is trust never regained.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

We have a dumb supper on Memorial Day.

And we don't shop or BBQ.
    Last edited by thalassa; 30 May 2016 at 03:18.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Our Aldi's grocery store is closed today. I like that idea. Way back when, more places were closed on holidays, and even on Sundays.

waranimals.jpg

Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Copper Member
    Apr 2014
    Religion
    That one where I can play with live snakes and speak gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    Well if it's directed at me try and find me at a BBQ won't happen. Closest we had was Saturday when we celebrated my granddaughter's birthday the rest of the weekend I spend time reflecting upon things. Those I served with who died on active duty, those I served with who have since passed and maybe even raising a beer or drink to those who've gone over in remembrance of the time we spent together.

Though I also have to agree there are more than a few who practice the "Do as I say not as I do" method of things.
    That was directed at everyone who has flooded my Facebook news feed this weekend.

Jun 2013

I work in retail and we have a sale going on at the time so I had to work.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Apr 2017
    Religion
    Islam

Happy memorial day everyone! I have some memorial days.one day me and my some friend casing fish by net.then, owner of the pond see my.then, Me and my friend flee.