Royal College of Physicians recomend ecigs for tobacco harm reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal College of Physicians recomend ecigs for tobacco harm reduction

They said that ecigs represent no more than 5% of the health risks of smoking tobacco products. And they noted that the real number may be substantially lower then this figure. Basically if you smoke you should switch to ecigs. Here's a link to a summery of the study http://www.ecigarette-research.org/r...w-2016/239-rcp
    Last edited by pillar; 05 Jun 2016, 06:52.

Re: Royal College of Physicians recomend ecigs for tobacco harm reduction

I would not argue on this,as I quit completely using e-cigs..Have not smoked for well over a year at this point. I smoked for over 50 years,2 packs a day minimum,at times up to 4 packs a day when younger and still drinking. If I were tempted,it would only be e-cigs...so yeh.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I tend to distrust a couple paragraphs on a pro-anything site "summing up" a 200+ page report.

For exactly these reasons:

(and a few others along the same lines...none of which can ever be repeated too many times)
      Last edited by thalassa; 05 Jun 2016, 09:30.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I myself am only going by my personal experience..I had thought I would die with a cig in my mouth,but using e-cigs,it worked for me,might not for everyone. Not saying they are completely safe,or that they may have hurtful chemicals. But smoking real cigs to me was much worse health wise(My personal opinion)
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't doubt that for some people it works. I also don't doubt, that compared to regular cigarettes they likely less harmful to your lungs in the short term. But in the long term, for the people that *don't* stop smoking, nicotine is still nicotine, and inhaled nicotine has the same effect on your lungs (specifically your cilia on the alveoli) regardless of the delivery system--and in the long term, we have no idea what the health effects are of all the other stuff (propylene glycol in particular is known in occupational/industrial hygiene/medicine fields to cause problems for some individuals--its why there are legal occupational exposure limits for it) . And for people that are allergic or sensitized to the other chemicals in the e-cig liquid or people with emphysema, COPD, asthma, etc...it makes no difference.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X