• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=182.msg16475#msg16475 date=1290531335]
    What possessed you to do that?!
    [/quote]

a slip of the beard trimmer, followed by curiosity...

it won't last long, I'm sure.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

[quote author=Tetsuya link=topic=182.msg16502#msg16502 date=1290535431]
      Im here for the lovely community duh! Also I'm not going to start an Ask a baptist thread cause I dont want people to think Im coming on here trying to push pagans into a religion they dont believe in. I usually just go into the general discussion board anyways.
      [/quote]

Actually just being here is a start, and as long as you speak honestly and dont get preachy AT anyone, but just be open to answer any questions people might have. Maybe it'd be better an Ask a Christian thread? and just specify that you are a baptist writing the answers, that way people know its not necessarily Christianity in general. that there could be some Baptist bias on it. People can ask questions, or they can ignore it.
      "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=182.msg16593#msg16593 date=1290549116]
        Actually just being here is a start, and as long as you speak honestly and dont get preachy AT anyone, but just be open to answer any questions people might have. Maybe it'd be better an Ask a Christian thread? and just specify that you are a baptist writing the answers, that way people know its not necessarily Christianity in general. that there could be some Baptist bias on it. People can ask questions, or they can ignore it.
        [/quote]

Well said, Dufonce.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I confess, and I hate myself for saying it, that my best mate was either single or less loved up for a fucking second. I am lonely. x
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=Tetsuya link=topic=182.msg16424#msg16424 date=1290521278]
            I confess I really dont even know what a Pagan is.
            [/quote]
            They....don't always know either.
            :shrugs:
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=182.msg16449#msg16449 date=1290528002]
              I confess that this makes me a little sad...what are you doing here, then? Are you simply bored? How about picking a thread or two and educating yourself, or starting an Ask A Baptist thread, while taking up space on our metaphorical couch?

No one here is going to rush to tell you all about their beliefs. You kinda have to ask.

Unless you really don't care...at which point we're back to square one, aren't we?
              [/quote]

I confess that this responce makes me a little sad.. I mean all faiths come here.. I didn't think it was entirely necessary to understand the idea of what a pagan is just because its the main title of the forum.. I mean.. Like medusa said.. alot of pagans are really confused themselves about it :P
              I used to consider myself a pagan and I sure as hell left that path wondering what exactly I was for 4 years of my life :P which sounds bad I know but *shrugs* it was a learning curve that I suppose wasn't all that well learnt!

I confess I've eaten my three meals together plus a packet of low fat crisps as a snack and now I'm hungry again o-o

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=182.msg16640#msg16640 date=1290558129]
                I confess that this responce makes me a little sad.. I mean all faiths come here.. I didn't think it was entirely necessary to understand the idea of what a pagan is just because its the main title of the forum.. I mean.. Like medusa said.. alot of pagans are really confused themselves about it :P
                I used to consider myself a pagan and I sure as hell left that path wondering what exactly I was for 4 years of my life :P which sounds bad I know but *shrugs* it was a learning curve that I suppose wasn't all that well learnt!
                [/quote]

I confess that I know I've been a bit testy today :P

The thing that makes me sad about his response is that it seems as though he has no wish to learn or grow from his time spent here...just to hang out, and play silly forum games. Yes, people come here from all backgrounds and walks of life, but usually, they come to learn, or ask questions, or share a bit more about themselves. He's done none of that, and it makes me puzzled and sad. That's why I said it feels like I should be asking *why* exactly, he's hanging out on our couch.

Heck, even the trolls come to stir the pot, and now and then get an interesting conversation going.

That's fair, and I don't see a reason to defend him, or take what I said about him personally.

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=182.msg16645#msg16645 date=1290558635]
                  I confess that I know I've been a bit testy today :P

The thing that makes me sad about his response is that it seems as though he has no wish to learn or grow from his time spent here...just to hang out, and play silly forum games. Yes, people come here from all backgrounds and walks of life, but usually, they come to learn, or ask questions, or share a bit more about themselves. He's done none of that, and it makes me puzzled and sad. That's why I said it feels like I should be asking *why* exactly, he's hanging out on our couch.

Heck, even the trolls come to stir the pot, and now and then get an interesting conversation going.

That's fair, and I don't see a reason to defend him, or take what I said about him personally.
                  [/quote]

He's letting on a little bit about himself, I spoke to him a bit today, learned a bit.

Some people, me included, have a tough time throwing themselves out there, starting threads, talking about themselves. Give him time to warm up to us, and I think we should try not to scare off anyone with "What are you doing here!" talk.

Just sayin...

Comment

Oh yeah...and I confess I took a shower an hour ago and still haven't brushed out my hair. Guess how strange I look :P

Comment

I confess I'm feeling a bit unwanted here. I stand firm on my beliefs and am not really interested in learning anything more. If thats looked down upon by the PF community I can find another forum.

Comment

[quote author=littlenova link=topic=182.msg16649#msg16649 date=1290558988]
                        He's letting on a little bit about himself, I spoke to him a bit today, learned a bit.

Some people, me included, have a tough time throwing themselves out there, starting threads, talking about themselves. Give him time to warm up to us, and I think we should try not to scare off anyone with "What are you doing here!" talk.

Just sayin...
                        [/quote]

*sigh*

Good point.

Patience is not my forte today.

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=182.msg16645#msg16645 date=1290558635]
                          Yes, people come here from all backgrounds and walks of life, but usually, they come to learn, or ask questions, or share a bit more about themselves.
                          [/quote]

Fixed that for you.

Sorry, bad jokes are better than some of the other things I can provide right now and well I still think sharing can be highly overrated.

[quote author=Tetsuya link=topic=182.msg16654#msg16654 date=1290559272]
                          I confess I'm feeling a bit unwanted here. I stand firm on my beliefs and am not really interested in learning anything more. If thats looked down upon by the PF community I can find another forum.
                          [/quote]

I don't think Des really cares about your beliefs one way or another. I know I don't. That you spend a decent amount of time on a Pagan Forum and don't care to learn about the views of those around you is mildly interesting but your actual religion is largely a non-issue. You believe what you believe and provided you're polite most of us don't really intend to complain.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[/quote]
                            Well at least you are honest about your resistance to learning.. It's not like it will give you cooties or something. :

As for your beliefs? We pretty much know a tag line in the side panel.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess if I want to talk only to have my words fall on ears that don't give a hoot, I'll talk to my cats. Deseret asks a valid question.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I confess I'm feeling a bit unwanted here. I stand firm on my beliefs and am not really interested in learning anything more. If that's looked down upon by the PF community I can find another forum.
                                [/quote]

I'm sure you're not unwanted dear, it's just the norm that people come on here, chat, get along and share what they believe and in return find out about what others believe.. personally I've been attempting to grill the guys in the heathen section because I honestly know very little about that! :P
                                I mean I kind of see what was meant before now, why come to a specific forum aimed at all religions to chat and get to know each other and learn more about different faiths if you really don't want to learn? Its not people trying to push their belief onto you, it's just friendly sharing
                                I mean if you're not ready to share or to learn that doesn't really matter, just get comfortable on here and see how stuff goes You might find with time you want to learn. I mean paganism is a big thing in the lives of most the people on here, personally it really interests me to learn more so I can see what drives these amazing people

OK

I confess I'm having a bed day today ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X