This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Confessions

The Hallmark channel movies are cute! I kinda like them (in small doses) myself.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      The Hallmark channel movies are cute! I kinda like them (in small doses) myself.
      Glad I'm not alone haha.

Comment

I'm a history buff who can't help buying books when I go to the store. Today I went to Barnes and Noble and bought two about the Gulag. Proves I'm crazy about history.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I confess... sometimes I like working at night because there's less talking and subsequently less listening I have to do.
          “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            I confess... sometimes I like working at night because there's less talking and subsequently less listening I have to do.
            This was what led me to weekend option.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              This was what led me to weekend option.
              It's part of why I loved working as a Massage Therapist. I didn't (nor was I expected to) initiate or carry a conversation* with my patients. An hour of quiet with soothing music. It was therapeutic for ME as the practitioner just as much as it was for the person on my table. Now that I will be going back to my technical job, I will miss out on so many of those one on one sessions.
              Will be building my own business now though so in a couple of years, I will hopefully be in a place where I can open my own practice. Will have to be mobile until then.

* Outside of the normal questionnaire and checking in.
              “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.”
              Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                I spend my entire weekend regenerating after a week at work in the office. I love when everyone is at tradeshows. Then its utter silence and I can listen to music.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

i confess i let my eyes do the food ordering at dinner tonight. my only regret? eating it all instead of taking some home.
                  Last edited by Oshii; 10 Mar 2019, 18:55.
                  In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

I confess something other's may consider really nasty...

Here's how it goes: There's an internet user called 03bgood (search the name on YouTube). He's considered to be an autistic person, and a lot of people point out things about him that make him seem impolite and like someone who wants to do nothing in his life. I sign up on Kiwi Farms to express my toughts about him, without reading the rules!

After expressing my thoughts on him, I stopped logging in on this forum for a long time, till early 2019, so I coould express my opinions on John K. and Butch Hartman for the controversies centered around them.

But nevertheless, I came down to realize that, even though I actually initially criticized 03bgood because I didn't want to turn out to be like him, just doing nothing in my life and always talking but not doing actions (and even if at some points I was wrong for basically forcing him to change without his will, I still believe soe of his behavior could be improved), I just want you to know that I'm not one of those people that will criticize others for being different or expressing different emotions from the others, regardless of gender, color, ethnicity etc.

That's about it. (I don't want others to forcefully sympathize on me, all hatred is welcome)
                    Last edited by volcaniclastic; 27 Mar 2019, 16:17. Reason: removed custom formatting

Comment

Phones are stupid...like, autocorrect,is either wrong,in its corrections or doesn't correct what it should.... Never PF from the phone!
                      “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                      ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                      ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Phones are stupid...like, autocorrect,is either wrong,in its corrections or doesn't correct what it should.... Never PF from the phone!
                        You should be able to turn off autocorrect. It tends to make life easier to get rid of it.
                        "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                        ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Sometimes I passive aggressively type dumb things on my work phone on purpose and then blame it on autocorrect when it's a colleague that's annoying me.
                          Sneak Attack

Comment

I'm Chaotic Good in real life.

Comment

I confess that I've been struggling with binge eating again lately. I thought I had this under control!
                              “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

I confess that I'm so close to burning this house to the ground if I have to clean the same area again.
                                “I am Cat and I walk alone and all ways are the same to me.” ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
                                X